PDA

View Full Version : sunshade

Cru3rd
11-11-2013, 10:54 PM
I want to purchase a sunshade for my vortex scope but don't know what size to order. Its a vortex crossfire ii 3-9x50mm.
Will any 50mm sunshade fit it or is there a certain thread size and pitch and where can i find this info. I've looked on vortex's website and cant find what i need.

chukarmandoo
11-12-2013, 12:32 AM
Call them. They'll tell you.

Texas Solo
11-12-2013, 08:13 AM
I want to purchase a sunshade for my vortex scope but don't know what size to order. Its a vortex crossfire ii 3-9x50mm.
Will any 50mm sunshade fit it or is there a certain thread size and pitch and where can i find this info. I've looked on vortex's website and cant find what i need.

Not sure if this Viper 50mm shade will work on a crossfire. I'd think so, but call Vortex

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vortex-viper-50mm-riflescope-sunshade

Cru3rd
11-12-2013, 09:02 PM
This is what i got from vortex.

Thank you for reaching out to us. Regarding your question, there is no sunshade on the market that I am aware of that will match the thread pitch of the Crossfire II 3-9X50 but I will provide you with a couple measurements. Thanks again and please let me know if you have any further questions. I would be happy to help.

Thread pitch: .06 and the inside diameter is 54.28mm

Patch700
11-29-2013, 07:21 PM
Something I've done in the past is locate some plastic tubing not unlike what you'd find for your powder measure... Find a size that is a bit small and you can warm it up to allow it to slide over the objective , paint it if you wish or leave it clear...