PDA

View Full Version : Stevens 200 SA putting in a Savage 110 stock?

pchunterpa
02-25-2010, 11:26 AM
It is a possible to do and how hard would it be to do?

Blue Avenger
02-25-2010, 11:54 AM
depends on your talent and desires. you will have to move the screw hole and re-inlet the stock to fit a SA into a LA.
your skill determines how it will look!

pdog06
02-25-2010, 01:22 PM
Which 110LA stock are you lookin to use? Seems like it would be alot easier to justfind one in a short action.

I'd think depending on how long the magwell is on the LA stock, your new SA front action screw would almost be either in the magwell or very close to it. You'd definately use alot of bedding compound.

rjtfroggy
02-25-2010, 02:54 PM
Aside from filling in the mag well with the proper size block and then filling the screw holes and redrilling, and possibly some trigger guard work not much work at all, as long as you are a pretty well equipped wood worker,with lots of patience.
It might be a lot easier to buy a new stock from Boyd's or Stocky's. If you just want a sa stock and don't mind a tupperware(factory) send me an address and name and I'll see what I can do for you. I have a sporter barrel old style(non accutrigger that needs pillars) and I have a new one that is bull barrel contour, I will also have a side button DBM non accutrigger old style(4.275 screw space)soon. Take your pick.

pchunterpa
02-25-2010, 06:21 PM
Yeah, kind of sounds out of my ability.
Well I though about the boyds sa but my gun is center feed, but on their website says you can get it to work with not a whole lot of effort.
But wasn't sure about it. Maybe someone has done it already could chime in.

Thanks for the replies
Jesse

Stevey
03-01-2010, 11:00 PM
Get a Chote tactical stock from www.combatstocks.com for 199.00. It fits the center feed SA. It tightened up my groups. The one I got takes a DBM from SSS for 78.00. Made for a bull barrel and drops right in.

pchunterpa
03-02-2010, 12:05 AM
thanks for link, I was mainly looking for a wood or laminate

rjtfroggy
03-02-2010, 10:48 AM
The Boyd's stock, the thumbhole ft isn't really that much work. A small block epoxied in front of the mag and a little fitting with a chisel for the mag clip.For $92 for a finished stock that is not a bad deal.

pdog06
03-08-2010, 01:37 AM
Well I though about the boyds sa but my gun is center feed, but on their website says you can get it to work with not a whole lot of effort.

Stocky's sells laminate thumbholes for the centerfeed actions, so it will drop right in.

http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/the-SAVAGE-CENTERFEED/Categories