PDA

View Full Version : NEED Direction 110 firing issues

EOD350
11-11-2013, 09:18 AM
I have searched all of the FAQ's and have not found an answer so I'll hopefully get some help here. Long story short. I rebarrled an older 110 and installed a new Sharp Shooter Comp trigger. All adjustments have been gone over so many times I've lost count. Anyway, when working the bolt at the range, at times, (30-40%) the rifle will not cock and the safety will not engage. I bring the gun home and work the bolt with factory and dummy rounds and it works as it is suppossed to. Can someone give me some direction as to what may be causing this issue? Thanks in advance for the responses.

BillPa
11-11-2013, 10:07 AM
For whatever reason the sear and or trigger isn't resetting all the time. It could be something a simple as the trigger contacting the trigger guard or the sear lightly contacting the stock someplace. The sear could also be "pinching" on the trigger housing.

Strange that it works indoors but not outside. I doubt the temps in FL are cool enough to thicken any oil, but never say never. In this part of the world its a common problem this time of the year. Its just a guess, but I'll bet if you gave the rifle a smart whack with your hand while the bolt is open it will probably work every time!:p

BTW the safety can't be engaged when the bolt is the fired position, the safety bar is blocked by the bolt handle.

Bill

EOD350
11-11-2013, 10:57 AM
BillPa,

Thanks for the reply, Never thought of the indoor / outdoor thing however, I have even taken the barreld action out of the stock and it worked fine. The safety is a tang type, but I'll continue to check things. I'll also check the trigger area of the stock. I had a feeling last night that it may be making contact somewhere. Thanks.

BillPa
11-11-2013, 01:04 PM
BillPa,

I have even taken the barreld action out of the stock and it worked fine.

That's usually an indication the sear is just barely touching the stock. somewhere. It can be a little tough to locate, it doesn't always leave a good visible mark. You can apply a transfer material, lip stick for example on the sear a section at a time to help see where it might be making contact.

Bill

sharpshooter
11-11-2013, 05:20 PM
It's probably hitting the trigger guard. It may be necessary to lengthen the slot forward a smidge.

big honkin jeep
11-11-2013, 06:41 PM
You may also be binding where the pin goes through the boltstop/sear combo. It may be pulled up too tight and you might have to drift it out just a hair and see if that helps. I would check to be sure the spring is in the proper position too. Another spot to check is to see if the bolt release lever portion of the bolt stop/sear combo is making contact with the stock where it comes through the relief cutout to the top.