PDA

View Full Version : How do I identify specific model?

mchef
02-24-2010, 10:46 PM
I am about to order a 116 FLHSS in .270 from a local dealer that does not currently stock it. I just read another post somewhere about someone having recently purchased the same model but it did not have the accustock. What can I do to ensure that I will receive the model with all the features as described on the current savage arms website? Also, once they actually receive the gun and I go to pick it up, what inspections can I perform to confirm all features such as accutrigger and accustock?

possum1
02-24-2010, 10:50 PM
you can go to Savage web site and search the FAQ and get your ? answered. They also have factory tags on the stock I beleive.

mgs44mag
02-24-2010, 10:57 PM
If they order it from a wholesaler it will be what you are looking for. They will be able to confirm that when ordering.

It will have big @$$ red stickers on the stock pointing out both accutrigger, accustock.

mchef
02-24-2010, 10:59 PM
Thank you for the quick reply. I guess I should have been more specific. Is there anything I can do to confirm that it's a current model during the ordering process? This will be the first time ever for me ordering a firearm, so I'm not sure how the process works.

Scalian
02-25-2010, 12:39 AM
If you specify to your dealer you want a accustock model he should be able to communicate that to whom ever he is ordering from. If not you need a new dealer :)