PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used a Whidden Gunworks Bedding Block for their actions??

MarTay6
11-08-2013, 10:56 PM
Today I came across this product in researching loading dies for my 6.5mm Creedmoor build I'm planning out- a bedding block for inletting/bedding into a stock for a stable platform for an action in a stock. Sure looks like a good idea/product to me- sort of like Savage's own Accu-Stock idea- only for an aftermarket stock of your choice/design.
Does anyone have any experience with this product/comments/recommendations??
http://whiddengunworks.net/beddingblockbuynow.html
Thanks-
Wes

missed
11-08-2013, 11:13 PM
I have one on the bench I have not used it as I'm waiting for my boyds tacticool to show up. I figured it's just like an accustock block, it's a nice piece.

thomae
11-09-2013, 09:41 AM
My recollection is that there were several threads in the past about the Whidden Block. Have you searched the forum?

Nor Cal Mikie
11-09-2013, 10:21 AM
I have 3 that I've installed on my BR stocks. 2 Savage and 1 Remington XP 100 action. 2 rifle stocks and 1 rear grip pistol stock.
The Savage rifle and rear grip pistol stocks are set up as switch barrel rigs. Best bang for the $.
The action can be removed and goes back to the same place every time. Metal to metal mounting. No bedding between the action and block.
Pick your stock, hog it out till the block drops down to the level you want and glue it in place. I do mine in 2 steps.
All you need is just enough room in the stock for the block to fit the way you want it. Glue it in place. Let it set up then go back and fill in the voids to your liking. You can spend as little or as much time bedding the block as you feel necessary. You'll be the only one that knows what the bedding looks like once the action is in place. Once the block is glued it place, don't ever plan on removing it. It's there to stay.

And I'll add, take your time when instaling the block. No use being in a hurry. Make sure you have the clearence you want before you "even think" about gluing it into the stock. Like I said, it's there to stay.

missed
11-09-2013, 10:51 AM
I love on the bedding blocks that you never have to worry about moisture or solvents in the wood causing issues.

MarTay6
11-10-2013, 07:10 PM
Ah, yes indeed- did do some searching and found some previous threads/posts on them.... Thanks for the nudge!
Wes