PDA

View Full Version : Model 11 to a blind mag

bigred94
11-05-2013, 10:23 PM
I can not seem to find a straight forward answer to this. I bought a model 11 center feed 6.5 creedmoor for a build. Can one take this gun that had a dbm and use a blind mag stock? Is so what has to be done to make it work?

Thsnks

RP12
11-05-2013, 10:25 PM
Take the parts out of your box mag and put them in a blind mag stock with an L bracket.

bigred94
11-05-2013, 10:41 PM
Ok. I'am assuming that I need to buy a l bracket? Anywhere to get one other than savage?

rjtfroggy
11-06-2013, 07:21 AM
Actually you don't need one. Take a little plumbers epoxy putty and use a small amount in the bottom corners and bed it to the stock ( use release agent for removal) or use wood shims glued in place to fit it. Either way works.

J.Baker
11-06-2013, 09:59 AM
Actually you don't need one. Take a little plumbers epoxy putty and use a small amount in the bottom corners and bed it to the stock ( use release agent for removal) or use wood shims glued in place to fit it. Either way works.

That will work IF the depth of the inlet for the magazine box is correct. If it's too deep and you do that the box will be to low and the bolt won't be able to strip off a round as it passes over.

L-bracket can be had from Savage and ensures the magazine is at the proper height in relation to the action.

rjtfroggy
11-06-2013, 12:29 PM
Well I guess the older I get the more I" assume", because I would make sure it fit and functioned before I would do final assembly. My thoughts are any reasonable person would do the same.

If I remember correctly your very good friend once recommended the same thing here on the forum and I am 110% positive he knows alot more than any of us.