PDA

View Full Version : Just set up MY second Hog Hunter Today !

wlleven
11-05-2013, 09:26 PM
It is exactly like the my first, Cooley large break, Weaver 1-3 power scope, Leupold QD rings, Weaver two piece bases, and a Allen butt stock pouch with a Bore Snake in the zippered compartment.

I will buy another next week just to put away, what a rifle, I can't buy a action with an Accu Trigger for the money I spend on this complete rifle ! I will be selling some stuff as this rifle will do what many of my other rifles will do but in a smaller package.

wll

stangfish
11-05-2013, 10:14 PM
Hi, My name is wlleven. I am a hog hunter addict.........

Silvercrow1
11-05-2013, 11:08 PM
I feel your excitement wlleven...theres just something about this rifle...
'course NOW I've gotta get dies, components (already working on that), another scope, etc. etc.
I decided to go with just a flash hider on my HH .308; the recoil really doesn't bother me, I'm not gonna be shooting out to 800 yards so no need to "spot the shot", and I was a little concerned about shooters who may be next to me. So instead of the thread guard I'll have something to protect the threads and still be slightly functional.

Are you posting pics in the picture section?

Best wishes with your "Hog Pen"...Brian

wlleven
11-06-2013, 03:53 AM
Yes, the shooters next to me is something I think about, but this rife/s are used in a hunting situation where I'm a bit away from my shooting partner, the areas are very open so sound dissipates quickly (not like under a roof at a shooting range).

My other 308 that does have a break is used primarily at a range where I can set myself away from folks. I have noticed though there are LOTS of folks shooting with breaks on their guns !

wll