PDA

View Full Version : hog hunter 223 shooting high

scubadad
11-05-2013, 09:13 AM
Just purchased a hog hunter in 223. with the rear sight adjusted all the way down it is still hitting 6 inches high at 50 yds. grouping are all good just hits high. Removed the stock and all looks good free floated and no pressure points. Tried a variety of ammo and 3 shooters and no change.

I called savage and was told to send it in. There are shorter rear sight blades available from williams that wouls give me the adjustment but do you think that would be a band aid covering another problem?

Any ideas before I send her in?

masterblaster
11-05-2013, 01:51 PM
Send her in, let them deal with it, they usually get things back in a couple weeks.

davemuzz
11-05-2013, 03:13 PM
Send her in, let them deal with it, they usually get things back in a couple weeks.

Yeah….your bore could be out of alignment. Then….when you turn a corner, you wouldn't be shooting straight. You see? It's all about angles and trigonometry, algebra, and at the end of the day, beer.

Dave

J.Baker
11-05-2013, 03:29 PM

+1

Could be a number of things - things that you don't want to have to pay for and shouldn't have to pay for on a new gun.