PDA

View Full Version : Change a DBM to center feed?

ark1gas
11-04-2013, 10:31 PM
I have a model 11 synthetic with a bottom release bolt and a DBM ( new model ). Will the DBM fit the Boyd's stocks or will I need to order another DBM? They seem to be going for $50 or so with shipping. I have some center feed magazines so would it be cheaper to buy a stock for center feed? Will that work with the new bottom release styles ?

stangfish
11-04-2013, 10:35 PM
Boyd's just started the DBM inletting. If the stock is for a 4.4 action screw spacing, and your bottom metal has the metal frame and cap it should fit.

ark1gas
11-04-2013, 10:43 PM
It just hit me! I bet I could make the magazine fit but it won't accommodate a bottom release style . Does anyone know the correct DBM for the Boyds stock made for bottom release bolt?

stangfish
11-04-2013, 10:45 PM
Have you tried to search for your stock options. All your answers are on the Boyds website

multitoes
11-13-2013, 03:50 PM
Basically the newer Savage DBM's are either the axis style (plastic) or the good model 10 style (metal).
You need the frame assembly for your style magazine (plastic or metal) for the Boyds DBM stock ; New model 11's don't have a separate frame assembly, so if that's the case for yours just order the appropriate frame assembly from savage -- the plastic one's are inexpensive.
The trigger guard for the bottom bolt release stock simply has a little more of an inlet to clear the extra linkage used for the bottom release.
When all else fails, call Boyds and verify with them...

stangfish
11-13-2013, 03:59 PM
I guess the big question is, do you have a metal DBM frame or a plastic one?

Appleseed
11-13-2013, 08:49 PM
Look at "After Market Stocks" topics. Shows 3 different bottom metal/plastic styles on 4.4" actions. Good pics and directions for that specific stock and bolt release.