PDA

View Full Version : Model 25: Model 25 22 Hornet Middle Action Screw ???

savagem12
11-04-2013, 09:54 PM
Hi recently purchased a model 25 22 hornet with the laminate thumbhole stock a couple months ago. The action has 3 three screws that are supposed to secure the action to the stock. However, when I had mine apart I noticed the middle action screw was held in place by a nut. It never actually screwed into the middle stud that mounts to the receiver. So I thought maybe that nut was some how attached to the middle stud and possibly came loose. So I ordered a replacement middle stud from Savage. It turns out after getting the new stud in the mail it does not have any threads inside of it. So I am thinking the middle stud only rests on the top of that nut and the that middle screw holds the bottom plate in place. The front and rear screws actually hold the receiver in place.

Does anyone out there have the same gun? If so, could you do me a favor and remove the front and rear action screws and let me know if you are able to remove the barreled action from the stock without unscrewing the middle screw.

Thank you