PDA

View Full Version : Gun noob needs help about buying blind mag stock for DBM M11

DgTerrell
11-03-2013, 10:01 PM
I got a LH Trophy Hunter XP 11 .308. As of right now, Savage told me they don't make a wood stock that fits my gun, it being a left hand, bottom bolt release and dbm I guess. Right now, my gun is not in the savage website part-finder either because it's only a few months old, and savage told me they update the part-finder quarterly. So I've been browsing over the schematics at Numrich and found a cpl stocks that I have been wondering about.

I'm a complete noob about gun mechanics, so basically I want to know if I could buy one of these, and then send it over to SSS and have them get it to fit my M11 .308? I saw their inletting service is $50, but not sure if this counts as the same. Here are the 2 I've found.
https://www.gunpartscorp.com/ad/1410630.htm

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/ad/1048000.htm#1048000A

Thanks a lot

J.Baker
11-03-2013, 11:10 PM
I'm guessing your rifle has the molded-in magazine frame (not a separate piece of plastic that extents from the front of the trigger guard and around the magazine). These types also use the Axis-style detachable magazine with the plastic bottom cover with integral retention clip. If that's the case then no, there currently are no wood stocks available for your rifle - from anyone. However, you can purchase any factory or aftermarket DBM stock inlet to accept the metal magazine frame and the buy that frame and the appropriate metal bottom cap for your detachable magazine.

Do a search, it's been discussed in about a gazillion threads here in the last year or so.

DgTerrell
11-03-2013, 11:27 PM
Actually mine does have the plastic frame piece
http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad18/theterrells/a8d877e3ca5ab8843cad77484e06a44b.jpg
So does having that change anything? Could either of those stocks be made to fit mine?
I tried searching, but for some reason it won't let me use all the search options, like picking to look for post or threads to help narrow it down. It might be because I'm using a ipad. But I couldn't really find anything that fit my question

DgTerrell
11-05-2013, 07:14 PM
Well I emailed SSS and got a reply today saying that they are long action stocks and wouldn't work. I thought I had read where the LA and SA stocks were interchangeable?

foxx
11-05-2013, 11:56 PM
They are not interchangeable. Actions are different length. Action screw spacing is different. Space from rear action screw to recoil lug different. Placement of mag wells are different. Hence long action, short action.

DgTerrell
11-06-2013, 12:22 AM
Ugh, I knew this. This whole ordeal has been one big brain fart. I'm embarrassed to say the least. Admins ban me for stupidity if so needed.

stangfish
11-06-2013, 07:57 AM
The internet has taught us to rely on others for thought. It can be addictive.

davemuzz
11-06-2013, 11:10 AM
Ugh, I knew this. This whole ordeal has been one big brain fart. I'm embarrassed to say the least. Admins ban me for stupidity if so needed.

Hey….if forums started to ban users for stupidity, there would be no users on forums.

Dave

foxx
11-06-2013, 11:17 AM
I would never want to join a club that would accept me as a member!

-Groucho Marx?

jpdown
11-06-2013, 02:42 PM
You have all the parts you need to to put your Savage 11 action in a SA centerfeed stock with drop box magazine (DBM) cut-out.

Currently, the easiest and quickest way to get a wood stock that fits your rifle would be to go to Boyd Gunstocks and order a Savage 11 SA centerfeed stock with drop box magazine (DBM). They now offer 3 styles plus the Tactical Cool stock for your Savage SA CF with DBM. They have the options of walnut or various colors of laminated wood. You can use the custom options to add checkering and a better recoil pad if desired. The outside DBM frame assembly you have will fit these stocks. You will not need any additional parts unless you would like a metal front bolt release trigger guard. Order from Savage Arms parts. You may need to do a little dremel work around the trigger guard area to fit the front bolt release trigger guard and make sure the bottom bolt release for the sear does not bind on inside of the stock. Use several coats of Tru-Oil to reseal the wood and match the satin finish.

DgTerrell
11-07-2013, 10:36 PM
Thanks jp.