PDA

View Full Version : Savage model 11 with round/round receiver....and no accutrigger?

dcloco
11-03-2013, 09:09 PM
Have not seen the rifle in person yet. Local gent has a model 11 in 243 with round/round action, but without an accutrigger???

Is it possible?

Will post late tomorrow night after I look at this beast.

Imagine it is possible this is a Savage with an aftermarket trigger.

foxx
11-03-2013, 10:00 PM
Not all Savages come with accutrigger even today. That's not a bad thing. You can get an aftermarket one for about $100. Some prefer the aftermarket ones.

Model 11 Hunter XP comes in 243 and does not have an accutrigger (check Savage Arms website.)

They are available with a scope new from online retailers such as Buds Gun Shop for less than $400.

certainly, it could have an aftermarket trigger.

J.Baker
11-03-2013, 11:14 PM
My guess is that it's either an aftermarket trigger or an old-style 3-screw trigger that someone swapped in. The only other option would be that maybe it was a package gun made shortly after the switch to the round top.

dcloco
11-04-2013, 01:17 AM
Will find out tomorrow evening and let you know.

sharpshooter
11-04-2013, 02:27 PM
It was a package gun made for Jerry's Sport Center. They have 2 screw triggers.

dcloco
11-04-2013, 09:02 PM
sharpshooter got it right. This one, was actually purchased at Cabelas. Has the serial number, model number, and Cabelas sticker on the box.

Centerfeed, non accutrigger, & round/round receiver.

I passed on the deal - as I have a couple 4.27 action length stocks, that need something built for them. Oh well....

foxx
11-04-2013, 10:32 PM
Yep. I have seen a bunch of the " Model 11 Hunter XP " at Cabelas. They even have it on their website.

BTW, how does that mean "SHARPSHOOTER got it right"????!!! :)

I'll claim this one! :)

sharpshooter
11-05-2013, 01:01 AM
Because in the other thread you claimed to be no expert....:p

foxx
11-05-2013, 01:03 AM
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then.

When I do, I'm gonna keep it!

bootsmcguire
11-05-2013, 01:20 AM
Scheels stores have lots of those rifles sitting on their new-gun racks and Wally-World has had a few in their cases as well. Pretty common around my area.

dcloco
11-06-2013, 12:48 AM
foxx - oooops! Sorry about that.

I passed on buying it for $300. Looking for a staggered feed short action (or two) because I have a couple of nice stocks that need to be used.

This was supposed to be the typical low round count (only one box of shells) rifle. The barrel has quite possibly the widest dull green lands I have ever seen in a "one box of shells" rifle ever.

foxx
11-06-2013, 01:00 AM
That's alright, dcloco.

I probably insulted your intelligence when I explained aftermarket triggers were avail without looking at your experience, longevity on the forum. Sorry if I did so.

Looking back, I did not grasp the point of your post b/c I failed to put it in the proper context.
You were just "chatting" about a possible "find". I get it now.

wlleven
11-07-2013, 05:25 PM
foxx - oooops! Sorry about that.

I passed on buying it for $300. Looking for a staggered feed short action (or two) because I have a couple of nice stocks that need to be used.

This was supposed to be the typical low round count (only one box of shells) rifle. The barrel has quite possibly the widest dull green lands I have ever seen in a "one box of shells" rifle ever.

My dealer has a used one in great condition he will sell me for $300.00, I think I'm going to take it. My company will use it as an experimental rifle for some projects we are working on, and it should be great for this. I have a better Bushnell scope that will go on this gun and better rings. i will work on the trigger to get it down to a crisp 2.5-3 lbs ...It will be a hunting/testing gun like I said.

Don't care if barrel gets marked up, or dings and scratches with add ons, I won't be heart broken for sure. Will keep the cheap stock on this gun so if it fall off a cliff, no harm, no foul !

wll