PDA

View Full Version : Went to range with mod 10 Tactical, not a good day :-(

Pages : 1 [2]

wlleven
11-03-2013, 09:42 PM
Great news! glad it worked out. Too bad the scope is giving you trouble. Send that thing back and let them look at it.

Well the scope does not have parallax correction at various yardages, and that is the issue. Parallax correction is a major thing with accuracy. In addition, I paid WAY to much for the product I received (not the sellers fault, my fault for not looking into what he bought and what he should have paid for it).

The gun is fine, the scope and rings should have been a major step up for the application. The mounts were OK, but they were very high. I can't imagine this scope being used for any serious tactical work in military or police use ! The case is a Pelican hard case that is cut out and made for this rifle, nice case, but very heavy and overkill. The Harris bi-pod is fine but nothing fancy.

I will get this rig up to snuff and shooting well, I will sell the scope, rings and mount (high quality, just not correct for my application). I will also try to sell the Pelican case (it is built like a brick house, but I don't intend to fly around the world and need a case like this) !

Much of this stuff is for show IMHO and my seller had no idea about the value or what he was buying .. I made the mistake of buying face value without doing a thorough internet search !

My bad !!!!!!

wll

tyler.woodard04
11-04-2013, 07:19 AM
to me that sounds like your moving your head around. even if the parallax is off, if it off consistently you should be fine. I shoot rifle scopes on strikers and can not use a full view of the scope (6-18, 4-16 and a straight 36 power) parallax can be a problem but with practice I am able to get behind the scope the same and shoot these guns well. just a thought

bluealtered
11-04-2013, 10:13 AM
Just as a note i am finishing up breaking in a .308 gas gun thats a 18" 1:10 twist and now from the bench on a open rest it is doing three out of five as a ragged one hole group with 135gr smk's. Some .308's with that twist will shoot lighter bullets.

wlleven
11-06-2013, 05:48 PM
As a side not I just bought some Remington UMC 150gr cartridges (L308W4) to try out until I get my reloading stuff up and running. I been using American Eagle and it is not that good from what all I have read !

wll

masterblaster
11-06-2013, 11:18 PM
The Win brass will be good for reloading. My second favorite after lapua.

bodywerks
11-07-2013, 04:55 AM
You are wasting your time trying to get anything resembling a group using bulk, 147-150gr ammo, period. Either learn to reload or pony up for 168-175gr match ammo. No savage I have ever owned shot better than 1.5-2 MOA with bulk ammo - most was 3-4 MOA.