PDA

View Full Version : B&C medalist long action stock?

montana_native
08-11-2009, 09:02 AM
I thought I read on here that there was one of these in the works similar to the SA A-2 style.

Has it hit the street yet?

Thanks.

Stu
08-11-2009, 04:58 PM
I don't think it has. I'm waiting too. ;D

shootergirl24
08-12-2009, 03:33 PM
Stockysstocks.com has them coming in the next few weeks. They are the A2 style for the long action blind magazine rifles

Stu
08-12-2009, 03:38 PM
Thanks for the heads up.

GaCop
08-18-2009, 02:24 PM
Tough decision............get the new Choate Tactical (when it's out shortly) for the long action or the Medalist...........D*#N!

nelson34
08-18-2009, 03:29 PM
i have only seen the choate tactical for centerfeed, and have only seen the medalist for stagger feed. are they going to make them for the others, or do they already?

nuclabuyer
10-09-2009, 03:38 PM
I order an A2 tactical from stockys and they are not the tactical style. I talked to the lady there and she said stockys and B&C had a misunderstanding. The one that I got is just like a standard sport style. They offered to refund, but I just put it on another gun. She also said that B&C didnt plan on making a long action tactical style stock at this time..

teddy12b
10-09-2009, 03:49 PM
Tough decision............get the new Choate Tactical (when it's out shortly) for the long action or the Medalist...........D*#N!

I've been waiting for something better than the duramax to put on my 110FP and this would be a difficult choice.

I order an A2 tactical from stockys and they are not the tactical style. I talked to the lady there and she said stockys and B&C had a misunderstanding. The one that I got is just like a standard sport style. They offered to refund, but I just put it on another gun. She also said that B&C didnt plan on making a long action tactical style stock at this time..

Sounds like they made the choice easier on us. I guess I'll be going with the Choate.

223Rem
10-12-2009, 10:00 PM
Did you talk to someone at Stocky's or B&C?

I've been waiting for something better than the duramax to put on my 110FP and this would be a difficult choice.

Sounds like they made the choice easier on us. I guess I'll be going with the Choate.

Deathray
10-12-2009, 10:02 PM
I sent an email to stocky's since I was waiting for the B&C Medalist for my long action build. It's vaporware.

I did get an email from Choate, their long action tactical stock in the works and is due out "early next year."

scooterbear
10-12-2009, 11:17 PM
The Long Action stock are available at Shooters Discount

http://shootersdiscount.com/cart/index.php?searchStr=2980&priceMin=&priceMax=&inStock=true&category%5B%5D=49&_a=viewCat&search=Submit

Deathray
10-13-2009, 12:52 AM
Just to make sure everyone's on the same sheet of music, that's the monte carlo style stock, not the varmint/tactical stock.

It's a nice stock, but not what many were expecting.

teddy12b
10-13-2009, 08:45 AM
I sent an email to stocky's since I was waiting for the B&C Medalist for my long action build. It's vaporware.

I did get an email from Choate, their long action tactical stock in the works and is due out "early next year."

Just trying to be clear but I assume vaporware means it'll never exist.

Regarding the Choate stock I had e-mailed Fred and he gave me the impression that it'd be out within a month or two from now.

teddy12b
10-13-2009, 08:48 AM
I just want to put something on my rifle other than a Duramax. Not that it's a bad stock, but I'd rather have something a little more comfortable.

Deathray
10-13-2009, 09:00 AM

Just trying to be clear but I assume vaporware means it'll never exist.

Regarding the Choate stock I had e-mailed Fred and he gave me the impression that it'd be out within a month or two from now.

Perhaps not "never" exist, but Stocky's was expecting medalist varmints(and so was I), but it ended up being the sporters for the long action. Perhaps now that they've got the production of the bedding system for the long actions down, it won't be long before B&C stuffs them into a modified medalist varmint/tactical mold.

And yes, Choate emailed me back as well stating early next year on his long action tactical stock.