PDA

View Full Version : Duramaxx stock 300 win mag

gissmo2
02-23-2010, 07:08 PM
Building a 110 heavy barrell in a 300 win mag and was wondering if the B&C DuraMaxx stock is a good choice of stock. Can it handle the recoil of the mag?
Thanks for the info

montana_native
02-23-2010, 08:24 PM
I've got over 800 rounds through mine with no problems.

DennisH87
02-24-2010, 08:46 AM
I love the durramx stock on my .22-250. I would imagine that it can take the recoil. If the stock that came with it can take the recoil then the durramax definately can. The original stock is made by B&C I believe. It's a pretty stiff stock and there's no flexing on the forened like the cheap stock that comes with it. The durramax is a pretty standard stock that resembles the factory stock with the exception of the checkering, shooting hand grip, and rubber butt pad. The grip is curved down slightly to mimic a pistol grip. It's rather comfortable and doesn't hurt your wrist like the factory one does. What I really liked about the stock is you can pick from a bunch of different camo's. I got the olive drab with the spider web black stuff. I don't know what you call it but if you look it up you will understand. My stock is getting glass bedded right now but when I get it back I'll post a pic of it.

GaCop
02-24-2010, 09:12 AM
Go for it, the Duramaxx can handle it. I would definately glass bed it though and float the barrel all the way back to the barrel nut. A few layers of electrical tape on the barrel will hold the action centered in the channel while the glass sets up eliminating the barrel being cockeyed in the channel which has been getting fairly common with the Duramaxx. HTH