PDA

View Full Version : savage choate mixup

majorchuck
10-31-2013, 08:42 AM
I recently took delivery of a choate tac. stock with adj. pull and cheek rest for a 4.4'' spacing for mod 10 short action . The stock has a blind mag I did not know there were models other than bdm, confusion on my part so instead of a bdm donner action I need to get a different model 10 but which model 10?

thomae
10-31-2013, 09:02 AM
If you already have an action, no need to purchase a new one.
You can use the magazine from your BDM, just pop off the bottom of the detachable mag.
The mag box, spring and follower are the same whether detachable or fixed.
You might need to get the "L" clip that holds the mag in place, or you could shim the magazine within the stock so it fits.
Then you sell the bottom metal magazine frame.

pdog06
10-31-2013, 09:31 AM
if you bought it new cant you return it and get the one you need?

majorchuck
10-31-2013, 02:30 PM
if you bought it new cant you return it and get the one you need?

the blind mag will be good just need a single shot follower set up and the actual downer action suitable for blind mag center feed 4.4'' guess I went about this backwards having gotten the stock first.Any suggestions on proper model 10 or 12 to match up this choate super tac. stock 500.00$ and it feels great when i shoulder it.

RP12
10-31-2013, 03:38 PM
10 & 12 are the same size.

foxx
10-31-2013, 03:47 PM
the blind mag will be good just need a single shot follower set up and the actual downer action suitable for blind mag center feed 4.4'' guess I went about this backwards having gotten the stock first.Any suggestions on proper model 10 or 12 to match up this choate super tac. stock 500.00$ and it feels great when i shoulder it.

I am confused about what you want... As Thomae said, you can make the detachable mag you already have work in the blind mag stock by removing the bottom part of the DBM mag and wedge it into the hollowed-out part of the stock. If you want it to be single feed (no mag), you can get a single feed ramp from SSS. It will allow you to just place a cartridge into the action and close the bolt. It will feed into the chamber.

majorchuck
10-31-2013, 08:46 PM
I am confused about what you want... As Thomae said, you can make the detachable mag you already have work in the blind mag stock by removing the bottom part of the DBM mag and wedge it into the hollowed-out part of the stock. If you want it to be single feed (no mag), you can get a single feed ramp from SSS. It will allow you to just place a cartridge into the action and close the bolt. It will feed into the chamber.

just lookin at the one op. i had on hand and both are applicable.. wood block with follower on top or cf mag wedged in place for repeat fire thanks gents .