PDA

View Full Version : Magazine Question

skip allen
10-30-2013, 11:27 PM
I have a Model 10 in .308; it is a model TR with removeable box mag. Is there an after-market, higher capacity mag available for this gun? If not and wanted to go to a say a 10 rounder, would I have to go with a custom bottom metal and then a mag made for that bottom?

Spectre236
10-31-2013, 06:09 PM
There are multiple solutions to this problem and I am sure some of the more knowledgeable folks will be along shortly with there input. Meanwhile in my humble opinion SSS 9 round mag is the best if you have the "real metal" bottom metal, if not, not sure what will fit. The
best after market is the CDI with AICS mags. Again, this is just my recommendations and others with more experience may have other ideas.

skip allen
10-31-2013, 09:44 PM
Thanks! I know the owner of CDI very well and have done some business with him over the years; we're in the same town! I would like to 'skin this cat' without a whole new BM if possible and thought this might be the place to get some info on it. The cost would be somewhere in the range of $350 for the BM and the AICS mag together. Thanks again for your reply.
Skip

multitoes
11-13-2013, 01:30 PM
Hi,
Take a look at Dark Eagle Custom
http://www.darkeaglecustom.com/

He makes a 10 rnd. mag for the DBM and they are very well made.

stangfish
11-13-2013, 01:37 PM
Dark eagle is the SSS. Man if you know that guy well, he should cut you some slack on the mags.