PDA

View Full Version : question about a 111 receiver for a long range project

litigious
10-30-2013, 11:12 PM
I recently purchased a savage 111 rifle for a long range project gun. *I saw an ad on one of my forums for a 111 dbm (premium centerfeed), non accutrigger, with a sporter barrel 30-06 for $250 shipped, and figured that it was a deal that I could not pass up. *while it was winding its way through the usps system, I ordered a mcgowen 7mm rem mag bull, match barrel, a US optics 5x25 scope, and a choate tactical stock. *I will post a full build pic set when it is done. *I would have bought a warne scope base for a flat back receiver ( the only steel scope mount still made for the flat back receivers to my knowledge) but was having a hard time finding one in stock. * * After I got the rifle home, I noticed that the receiver has a rounded rear. *I was under the impression that all non accutrigger savages had the flat back receiver. *This rifle flies in the face of everything that I thought about savage receivers - it is a non-accutrigger but has a premium centerfeed dbm system, rounded rear receiver and "G" prefix serial number. *thanks for any help * http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh601/sstuckey25/20131030_205619_zps70178c36.jpg * http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh601/sstuckey25/20131030_205608_zps18645dc4.jpg

pdog06
10-31-2013, 12:00 AM
it is most likely a Dicks sporting goods or Academy Sports package gun. They would order them from Savage without the accutrigger so they could sell them cheaper.

One thing I do notice though is it looks like the bolt assembly has been replaced with an older model one. Hard to tell in the pick but it looks like the bolt assembly screw is the older 'slotted" screw and the rear baffle has a flat top. The older bolt handle is a giveaway as well. Nothin wrong with it like that, just a cosmetic difference is all.

You got a great deal on a nice rifle.

din
10-31-2013, 01:13 AM
The 11/111 Hunter XP (NOT the Trophy Hunter XP) package guns come with the round receiver/non-Accutrigger configuration. You might want to go ahead and pick up a Rifle Basix or SSS trigger to replace the one it came with, especially since it seems like you're going all out. If you can't return the Warne base there's a fair chance you'll be able to trade someone for the correct base in the classifieds. You got one hell of a deal, congrats!

litigious
10-31-2013, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the help. I ended up ordering the weaver 20 moa base. I was thinking that the bolt was not stock.