PDA

View Full Version : Savage is a disappointment

Pages : 1 [2]

yobuck
10-31-2013, 03:11 PM
well thank you fish and i enjoy reading yours also. all i can say is i rarly lie when im alone and im alone most of the time.

wbm
10-31-2013, 03:26 PM
Well I never tell the truth I always lie.

:tea:

efm77
10-31-2013, 04:11 PM
I agree with the ones who said it sounded like improper scope mounting. Big red flag if the scope is shooting loose. That has nothing to do with which brand of rifle it is. I like Brownings too but have never seen any other rifle, on average, that outshoots a Savage. Some may be about the same. Whoever mentioned they never use threadlocker on anything on their rifle has had better luck than me. I always put blue thread locker on the base screws and ring screws as I've had a scope shoot loose before. I didn't blame the rifle though when the bullets started hitting all over the place. You can get a lemon in any brand. Sounds like a little more effort at inspecting all the parts would have helped a lot and he wouldn't have been out so much on ammo and time. In the end though, I doubt I believe much of the OP. Sounds like it was just a tirade posted on here by someone trying to ruffle our feathers. Probably a Remington 700 shooter who got outshot by someone with a Savage and couldn't take it. ;)

Bowers
11-01-2013, 03:24 AM
a buddy of mine spent alot on a 300wsm of another manufacturer. he had same issue. he couldnt hold groups at 50 yards. they wher everywhere. we checked everything, and all was tight no play or etc. finally we found the issue, it was the rings they didnt put egual force around the tube of the scope and made major pressure points. and damaged the scope internally somehow. and his poi always changed. he changed rings, base, and scope. and solved the issue. I beleive midway sells a product that trues your rings now that would have helped my buddy.

efm77
11-01-2013, 06:02 AM
Good point Bowers. Ring lapping is very helpful. I use the Burris Signature Zee rings a lot with the inserts and it basically has the same effect of lapping regular rings. Doesn't put crooked stress on the scope.

J.Baker
11-01-2013, 09:13 PM
Ok, I think this one's run it's course. It's already gotten way off topic so it's time to move along.