PDA

View Full Version : B-Mag Series: Savage BMag Stock

Pages : [1] 2 3

Seph817
10-30-2013, 04:42 PM
I just called Boyds and they said they were looking into making a stock for the BMag. They said the more people that ask for it, the more they'll look into it. So, please call them and ask for it. (: The number is (605)996-5011 and dial 4 for customer service. Thanks!

gsperaz
10-30-2013, 04:59 PM
Yep, already asked about a stock for the B-mag, hope they get to it soon. Please Boyds, that stock needs serious help.

sparky123321
10-31-2013, 07:17 AM
Called a while back.

11-17-2013, 08:27 PM
Picked up my B Mag on 11/7/13. Once out of the box the first thing I noticed was that the barrel was not centered in the stock, the barrel was closer to the left side of the grove and quite obvious (how did this pass quality control?). I mounted a Nikon scope on the rifle and headed to the range. First three shots from the gun could easily be covered by a dime and after tweaking the scope were right in the center of the target, very pleased with that aspect.

I was bothered enough by the aesthetics to contact Savage and sent along a picture of the problem. They contacted me back and are sending me a UPS label so I can send the rifle back to them for inspection/repair. Bottom line, I have owned the gun 10 days, put 40 rounds of ammo through it and its back to the manufacturer. Not a really good way to start a relationship. Yes, I did remove the barrel assembly and try to align the barrel and stock to no avail, when the two screws are tightened the barrel goes back into mis-alignment. Anyone else experienced this problem?

gsperaz
11-17-2013, 09:59 PM
Everyone has the same complaint about the stock, not much we can do until someone comes out with a replacement. I owned my gun for 2 days before it went back to savage for several issues. The good news is that savage will stand behind their product.

Crockett
11-18-2013, 11:02 AM
Picked up my B Mag on 11/7/13. Once out of the box the first thing I noticed was that the barrel was not centered in the stock, the barrel was closer to the left side of the grove and quite obvious (how did this pass quality control?). I mounted a Nikon scope on the rifle and headed to the range. First three shots from the gun could easily be covered by a dime and after tweaking the scope were right in the center of the target, very pleased with that aspect.

I was bothered enough by the aesthetics to contact Savage and sent along a picture of the problem. They contacted me back and are sending me a UPS label so I can send the rifle back to them for inspection/repair. Bottom line, I have owned the gun 10 days, put 40 rounds of ammo through it and its back to the manufacturer. Not a really good way to start a relationship. Yes, I did remove the barrel assembly and try to align the barrel and stock to no avail, when the two screws are tightened the barrel goes back into mis-alignment. Anyone else experienced this problem?

Yes mine is scewed to the same side! I will be calling them today also. At this rate they will have 75% of their guns back at Savage before to long...lol

vhuang168
11-18-2013, 12:27 PM
At least u got a ups label. I had to ship my 93r17 back for misfire issues on my own dime. Hopefully Savage will take care of you.

Vince t

Crockett
11-18-2013, 06:30 PM
I called today and spoke with a service tech, he instucted me to remove the stock and try to adjust it back to center. After attempting this with no success i removed the stock and looked down it and wouldn't you know, the plastic was molded with a bow to the right wich was why it was scewed to the left side of my barrel. Called them back and explained the issue to the girl that i spoke with and she said she was shipping out a new stock tommorrow with a ups label to return the old one. Also mentioned to her that i didn't know what the heck the designer of that stock was thinking, but suggested they let him go so that he could return to the toy company he came from.:eyebrows: She laughed, i thanked her and have to say they always take care of the problems if any arise.

Crockett
11-21-2013, 06:33 PM
So i get the new stock today, pull it out of the plastic, looked down it and guess what....it's bowed to the right too! Put my barrel in it just to check and same thing, left side of the barrel is slamed up against the stock. I guess no one took it out of the plasatic and checked it before they shipped it to me. Now i have to pull my scope of and ship the whole gun back to them. I am going to request that i get a gun back that shoots excellent or i want a refund!

Swanny297
11-21-2013, 08:40 PM
Just picked one up today perfectly centeredhttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/22/y6ame6ad.jpg

Crockett
11-22-2013, 02:51 PM
In your picture it looks like a larger gap on the left than the right side of the barrel, but definately better than the pos stock's i got!

eochief
11-23-2013, 07:55 PM
I am having the same problem with my new MKII'sI wood stock. The bbl is hitting the stock on the right side. I have not tried to alleviate the problem myself. If I send it back to Savage and they replace the wood with another piece that is the same I will really be pissed!

MoriCNC
11-30-2013, 11:19 PM
Wonder if maybe a low roast in the oven and a little gravity would straighten it up.

eochief
12-01-2013, 07:00 AM
I will probably try something, I do not want to buy a replacement.
Thanks,

n4ue
12-01-2013, 01:08 PM
Just picked one up today perfectly centeredhttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/22/y6ame6ad.jpg
Swanny, you are correct about your rifle, however, this is NOT the problem.
Try this:
Unload your rifle (of course). Remove the clip. Turn the rifle upside-down. Put the bbl in a padded vise.
Now, push on the tip of the fore-end, site to side. Observe the stock in the vicinity of the magazine. Push the fore-end right, the butt end of the stock goes left. Just waaaay too thin in it's midsection.....

gug luk

ron

12-09-2013, 03:36 PM
I received my BMag back (returned because of bbl to stock misalignment) and nothing had been done...Emailed again and was told on Thursday they were sending another call tag by someone in management. It's Monday and no call tag yet. I like the gun but as of now have little confidence in Savage. They had a chance to fix the problem and blew it. They did check the headspacing and test fired the weapon for some reason but ignored the issue it went back for. More to follow I am sure.

Oregonboy
12-09-2013, 10:31 PM
I just bought my Bmag on 12-5-13 and haven't found any bullets yet, but after reading this forum I wanted to let you all know I have the same issue with my stock as I've read about here, tight on the left. I also can't get the trigger to adjust below 3 lbs. but that's ok. I really like the concept and will call Boyd's tomorrow also. My Serial # is J2404XX. I'll let you know how it shoots when I get some ammo.
Thanks all.

eochief
12-10-2013, 09:26 AM
I have not contacted Savage about the problem with my stock. Saying that, I think all of us should contact them and let them know that we are more than concerned about their inferior stocks. Why should we spend the money for after marked stocks to replace Savage inferior workmanship.
I am going to call them today!

12-10-2013, 05:31 PM
Before any of you decide to purchase a B Mag please read my posts dated 11/17 and 12/9. On 12/5 in response to a second complaint to their customer service department I received an email from Paul Smarrelli their Director of Service. He apologized and told me he would get a supervisor involved and that he would arrange for a pre paid will call tag to be sent to me so that the gun can be returned for a second time. Well it's now 12/10, UPS has already been by and no call tag. After my email to Smarrelli yesterday I thought he might get into his car and drive to CT to pick this gun up personally. If any of you are considering a B Mag I suggest you hold off until they can produce a stock that is straight unless you simply don't care how the gun looks. I've always bought American where possible, sorry I did this time. Will post more as this issue progresses. Savage Arms management needs to get involved and get rid of employees that apparently don't care about customers.

gsperaz
12-10-2013, 07:29 PM
I believe customer service is to say the least overwhelmed with returned Bmags.
I had to talk with a supervisor to get mine out of their shipping dept. It sat there for over a week because the shipping clerk was out........?