PDA

View Full Version : Ok, I'm Now Going Off The Deep End Big Time .... Long Range Custom Stuff !

Pages : 1 [2]

jbjh
10-31-2013, 01:13 AM
Ya, I don't know, I would sure like to see someone that has a 24 inch tube on that frame !

wll

I've debated the same for a .223 build using the LSS. Hard to pass it up for the money and flexibility.

taylorce1
10-31-2013, 11:05 AM
I built this rifle in the plain old .243 for simplicity sake, next barrel will probably be the 6XC as the long bullets will fit better in the magazine. I twisted and throated the McGowen to handle 115 Berger and DTAC bullets. I haven't really got to stretch the legs yet as I'm on the waiting list for the local 1K range, which looks like it isn't going to happen again this year. I did buy a few AR500 steel plates so I can set up my own area to shoot when possible, but I'd have to drive 80+ miles to find a place that I have access to that can allow me to shoot that far and beyond.

I really didn't want the HS Precision stock I was about to drop the money on a new McMillan A3 when this popped up in the classifieds here. However, the HS is a really good stock and saved me a bunch of money over the McMillan in the long run. The little Weaver GS Tactical 3-10X40 has been replaced as well with a Vortex Viper 6.5-20X44.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r155/taylorce1/292d8046-69b8-4773-a0a4-e416505069df.jpg

wlleven
10-31-2013, 11:27 AM
I built this rifle in the plain old .243 for simplicity sake, next barrel will probably be the 6XC as the long bullets will fit better in the magazine. I twisted and throated the McGowen to handle 115 Berger and DTAC bullets. I haven't really got to stretch the legs yet as I'm on the waiting list for the local 1K range, which looks like it isn't going to happen again this year. I did buy a few AR500 steel plates so I can set up my own area to shoot when possible, but I'd have to drive 80+ miles to find a place that I have access to that can allow me to shoot that far and beyond.

I really didn't want the HS Precision stock I was about to drop the money on a new McMillan A3 when this popped up in the classifieds here. However, the HS is a really good stock and saved me a bunch of money over the McMillan in the long run. The little Weaver GS Tactical 3-10X40 has been replaced as well with a Vortex Viper 6.5-20X44.

That is a nice looking set up for sure, I bet it shoots great !

wll