PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Bedding Mark II TRR-SR

NOKNOT
10-28-2013, 01:01 PM
Sorry if I overlooked any posts already made. I have read where alot of people are talking about bedding their 22 but haven't heard much about whether or not it makes that much difference. I have a TRR-SR and Just wondering if anyone has bedded theirs and if it improved it that much. I have read some forums that say for a 22 its not worth the trouble and some have said it made the accuracy worst. Just wondering what you're opinion is. Thanks.

shanejohnson2002
10-28-2013, 03:22 PM
The big advantage to bedding an already-decent .22 is that you can consistently torque the action screws to the same setting every time. It also means that the torque settings won't wander due to humidity / temperature nearly as badly (if at all.) This is pillar and glass-bedding...if I had to do only one, I'd do pillars, for the same reason I just mentioned.

I have one bedded rifle and one unbedded, and at the moment I can't really tell a difference other than I don't have to check the torque settings as often on the bedded one.

Generally, pretty much any rifle can be improved through bedding. It may not noticeably improve accuracy, but you should see an improvement in consistency.

NOKNOT
10-29-2013, 02:54 PM
Thanks shanejohnson 2002, dont think Ill go through all of that work then. I would probably mess something up and make it shoot worse or have to replace stock.

russ10x
11-06-2013, 09:57 AM
I have a Rhineland Arms Leopard stock under mine. It is a tack driver now, but I will be doing this process this weekend. It is not too much different on a standard stock. The biggest problem with MK IIs and 93R's is the front action "Boss". It is too close to th mag well. Here is an article from the Sniper's Hide.

http://forum.snipershide.com/snipers-hide-rimfire-section/199069-first-attempt-pillar-bed-fvsr-leopard-stock.html

J.Baker
11-06-2013, 10:21 AM
The problem with trying to bed a Savage rimfire is the lack of bedding area due to all the crap they hang off the bottom of them.

shanejohnson2002
11-06-2013, 12:54 PM
^ agreed. I wish Savage would design a mk iii or something that's a little more up to date. You know, threaded receiver, less crap hanging from the bottom, etc.

fartsinpublic
12-14-2013, 01:19 PM
^ agreed. I wish Savage would design a mk iii or something that's a little more up to date. You know, threaded receiver, less crap hanging from the bottom, etc.

...and hopefully the "etc" includes a version (not for the squirrel plinkers, admittedly) that includes a match chamber and lapped barrel... Something to anchor the top (competitive) end of the rimfire range and complement the wide base of affordable/accurate rimfires that they already make.

russ10x
12-14-2013, 08:38 PM
Also, to spread out the action screws....One on the Tang and the other about 1" in front of the mag well...

Doodaddy
12-16-2013, 05:32 PM
...and hopefully the "etc" includes a version (not for the squirrel plinkers, admittedly) that includes a match chamber and lapped barrel... Something to anchor the top (competitive) end of the rimfire range and complement the wide base of affordable/accurate rimfires that they already make.

I'd be content with a beefier action and a threaded receiver. If the barrel comes with it, then so be it. I've ranted about wanting to buy a more stand alone target oriented Savage action for quite some time.