PDA

View Full Version : Finally got out with 5/35-Smc varmint gun.

jonbearman
10-28-2013, 12:53 AM
I bought an f-class in .308,it shot pretty good to excellent.When I got it ,it came with a pac-nor super match 3 groove barrel in 5/35 Smc.I shot it but I couldnt get to where I needed to be to compete and shoot woodchucks. I could shoot some good groups in the .2's and then the 32 grainers opened up to 1/2 inch.What a disapointment for hunting with these tiny little bullets. So anyways I finally found a load of h380 and the 40 grain moly coated bullets.I shot a .116,.186 back to back.Now I am really happy! My question is , does anyone on this forum have one to share loads.The next thing that is wrong is the accutrigger at almost the highest pound setting still drops the pin and of course the red blade catch's it and it doesnt go bang.I dont quite no what to do to cure it.The trigger is nice and clean and nothing seems to be worn.Any suggestions?

wlleven
10-28-2013, 02:45 AM
I bought an f-class in .308,it shot pretty good to excellent.When I got it ,it came with a pac-nor super match 3 groove barrel.I shot it but I couldnt get to where I needed to be to compete and shoot woodchucks. I could shoot some good groups in the .2's and then the 32 grainers opened up to 1/2 inch.What a disapointment for hunting with these tiny little bullets. So anyways I finally found a load of h380 and the 40 grain moly coated bullets.I shot a .116,.186 back to back.Now I am really happy! My question is , does anyone on this forum have one to share loads.The next thing that is wrong is the accutrigger at almost the highest pound setting still drops the pin and of course the red blade catch's it and it doesnt go bang.I dont quite no what to do to cure it.The trigger is nice and clean and nothing seems to be worn.Any suggestions?

Where are you getting 32 and 40gr .308 caliber bullets ?

wll

jonbearman
10-28-2013, 10:24 AM
I changed the barrel,Oops I had a brain malfunction,it is a switch barrel so to speak.I cahnged the post so it is easier to understand.Thanks for the heads up.

wlleven
10-28-2013, 01:42 PM
I changed the barrel,Oops I had a brain malfunction,it is a switch barrel so to speak.I cahnged the post so it is easier to understand.Thanks for the heads up.

Never heard of that caliber before, just looked it up....what a screamer for sure ;- )

wll

J.Baker
10-28-2013, 04:58 PM
Ahh...the 5mm/35 SCM - Mic McPherson and By Smalley's little pink elephant that nobody wanted. lol

CharlieNC
10-28-2013, 05:40 PM
So Jon, tell us more about this hot little round.

03mossy
10-28-2013, 08:05 PM
Yes please, you got my attention.