PDA

View Full Version : PGT bottom metal

Pages : [1] 2

tammons
10-24-2013, 05:52 PM
Just noticed PGT is selling Savage bottom metal. Looks the same as CDI but cheaper, like the short action version is on sale for $99 with no magazine. Takes AICS mags.

billybob
10-24-2013, 05:58 PM
What is PGT?

din
10-24-2013, 06:03 PM
PTG. Pacific Tool & Gauge.

tammons
10-24-2013, 06:08 PM
Oops pgt is windows and doors. Meant PTG

billybob
10-24-2013, 06:58 PM
Thank you.

tammons
10-24-2013, 07:05 PM
Its a never mind. I called them to check it out and they are still in production.
The girl there did not know what they fit, IE staggerfeed centerfeed etc.

$99 on sale is cheap for the short action. $129 for long action.

AICS mags expensive, but I was considering hacking a good savage mag and frankenwelding it to a 30-06 BAR 20 round mag so this would be better. Will most likely be a long wait though. 2 mags IE a 5 and 10 round Magnum AICS magazine for me will cost $220 alone.

Looks like midwayusa is going to be selling them. They have them listed as coming soon.

BoilerUP
10-24-2013, 07:47 PM
Link to the PTG website?

Dave Kiff has said on the Hide that these are close to being ready but I can't find them on their webstore.

tammons
10-24-2013, 07:59 PM
Scroll down and on the right.

https://shop.pacifictoolandgauge.com/

This is what is says on the Midway site.
No mention of Centerfeed, Staggerfeed etc. I am just assuming these are centerfeed, but will know for sure tomorrow.
Of course I have 2 stagger feeds.

NOTE: This is designed as a drop-in for most BDL- style trigger guard inlets. However, due to variations in stock manufacturing, some minor inletting (can be done with sandpaper in most cases) may be required.

BoilerUP
10-24-2013, 09:29 PM
Scroll down and on the right.

https://shop.pacifictoolandgauge.com/

I see plenty of the standard M5-pattern DBMs for 700 actions on the lower right side (under 'featured'), but no Savage DBMs.

tammons
10-24-2013, 09:37 PM
I went to the main page, then savage performance, then down the page and on the right and they have mag frames listed.
I assumed these were savage since it was under savage performance.

Midwayusa has them listed as available 11-21 so I would assume thats close to when the first run will be finished.

Here is the listing for a short action savage.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/164425/ptg-trigger-guard-for-aics-detachable-box-magazine-savage-10-series-short-action-aluminum-black

sortafast
10-24-2013, 11:23 PM
This would be pretty sweet. From what I can tell, the only real difference between the Center feed and the staggered feed is just an eighth of an inch or so in the spacing on the bolt holes. So really it wouldn't be too difficult to just change the placement of the front hole. I picked up one of their M5 DBM's for $100 and I am impressed with it. It seems a bit better in some respects to my Accurate mage DBM I have on a LA 110. The PT&G M5 DBM is a little thin in the mag well but the finish is pretty darn good and the mag release seems well made. A lot nicer than the accurate mag one. Hopefully these hit pretty soon. I have SA staggered feed that could use a DBM.

But yeah, the lady at the front desk doesn't know much. If you are just ordering something she does ok, but trying to get technical info can be a pain. I have talked to some other guys there that have been very helpful though.

tammons
10-24-2013, 11:35 PM
She is going to call me in the morning and tell me what these fit.

I dont know about modifying a short action. I have modified SA stocks and did manage to get a center-feed SA internal mag
to fit on a stagger-feed action rifle, but in the end it limited the COL too much for me. The long actions have the same screw spacing but the magazine is a bit off and I cant remember in which direction.

sortafast
10-24-2013, 11:48 PM
Yeah. I did the inletting for the 338Lapua accurate mag DBM in a Choate Tactical stock. It came out clean, and now I can run super long COL's in my 280Rem :D . But really, I dont know what difference the mag hole in the bottom of the receiver would make between the SF and CF SA models. I think they are probably so close that it won't matter too much with the detachable mag. Hopefully they will be doing them for the CF and the SF SA's.

rinodods
01-28-2014, 01:01 AM
Well they are now listed on the site and you can place an order. No idea when they will ship. Normally they send an email telling what the production timeline is. I'll post again if I hear anything. Also asked them if the 110 metal might allow the use of the 3.80 300WM magazines. I'd really love to be able to feed my 215 berger hybrids from a mag for a change. Haven't heard anything back on that yet either but it's only be a day or so.

sortafast
02-16-2014, 03:23 AM
Well they are now listed on the site and you can place an order. No idea when they will ship. Normally they send an email telling what the production timeline is. I'll post again if I hear anything. Also asked them if the 110 metal might allow the use of the 3.80 300WM magazines. I'd really love to be able to feed my 215 berger hybrids from a mag for a change. Haven't heard anything back on that yet either but it's only be a day or so.
I got an accurate mag dbm for my 110 and its the o e for the 338 lapua so the mags are like 3.85" or so. I am running it on my 280rem and have tons of room for the 180gr bergers that I want to try. I am not a huge fan of the mag release as its thin and flimsy looking but it works.

rinodods
02-16-2014, 12:20 PM

I did year back and they don't have one that fits the CIP length 3.85 mags. I went with the accurate mag and that works great for my 300WM and 215 bergers.

260LongStroke
05-21-2014, 07:38 AM
Hey did anyone ever figure out if these DBM fit SF or CF ? I have a 110 SF that I would like to buy 1 for.

homer76
08-12-2014, 06:58 PM
Just bringing this thread back from the dead. I am curious if anyone has one yet and how it worked out for them. I can't seem to find any reviews for the PTG Savage DBM.

DonnyRay
08-15-2014, 03:06 PM
I kept reading mixed reviews for PTG, so my stock is at CDI as we speak for inletting.

johnnyav
01-11-2015, 03:21 PM
I ordered bottom metal from them...it never worked right. The spring that puts pressure on the magazine latch would always pop out. I emailed and called and got no where. PT and G is known for the worst customer service and I found out first hand. It turns out the bottom metal they sent me was incomplete. It's missing a pin that goes through the latch and a second smaller spring that holds the assembly together. PT and G couldn't care less. I emailed and called Eileen and David Kiff and they didn't even respond..They wouldn't come to the phone..I called the main line and they would put me on hold and never come back. ....I can't understand how this pathetic excuse for a company stays in business. Avoid these thieves like the plague.....Go with CDI ....I wish I did