PDA

View Full Version : Dads Birthday

Williarj87
10-24-2013, 04:09 PM
Well my dad is turning 58 this December, and I decided I wanted to do something special for him. He has a couple of awesome Browning's that have has some trouble in the recent years. The first is a .22lr autoloader takedown model that was passed down to him from his father after it went through all of my uncles, and of course it went through me and my brothers as well. It used to be a tack driver, but not so much anymore. your lucky to hold a 1/2" group at 25 yards now.

I recently found a website that has new barrels for these for $118.00! couple of springs and parts and it will be working like a brand new rifle!

The Second is a good ole' Browning A5 Light 12 with a gold trigger. This is by far the best shotgun I have ever had the pleasure of shooting. He got this gun and a Ruger Blackhawk .357 for painting an uncles house. About a year later that same uncle comes down to do some clay pigeon shooting with a $2500 over n under. At the end of the day he wanted to trade my dad gun for gun... it didn't happen. Recently this gun has been jamming the barrel down into the receiver after a few shots. After doing some research I decided to replace the Brass friction ring and recoil spring to see if this fixes the issue.

After all is said and done it will take only $180 bucks for parts, and two of his favorite guns will be shooting like new again!

LoneWolf
10-24-2013, 04:15 PM
Nice job and always good to give back to your father. My parents just visited my wife and I to meet their new Grandson and i got to spend some good quality time with my dad. Aswell as teach him a few lessons that I've learned to date. It's always good when you can find that mutual respect that shows your dad that you're nice the boy that used to follow him around everywhere trying to be like him.

To all the good dad's out there!

rgburrill
10-25-2013, 08:35 AM
To all the good dad's out there!

+10. I wish mine was still around.

nrar15
10-27-2013, 07:37 AM
Make the best of the time you have with your parents. They seem to leave us way to soon.

Williarj87
10-28-2013, 04:28 PM
Thanks LoneWolf!