PDA

View Full Version : .308 model ?

sims5
02-20-2010, 10:48 PM
Ok , I was at Dick's last night and they had a .308 Savage that a black synthetic stock with a fluted barrel and a 3x scope on it for $699 I was just looking around and didn't get the model number so I called back today and the guy tells me it is a 10fcpxp. When I look that model up on gunbroker it doesn't have the fluted barrel and the ones listed are all $2,000+. I'm thinking the guy at Dick's gave me the wrong model number, do you know which model has the blued fluted 24" barrel?

Uncle Jack
02-20-2010, 11:51 PM
I'm not sure, but if they have a left hand one, give me their number.

uj

lomfs24
02-21-2010, 12:21 AM
I have one of these rifles. I bought it at Dicks for $699. The box says 10FCPXP. Savage does not list it on their site at all. The one I got does not have the accu-stock, it just has a Savage tupperware stock. The one that replaced mine at the store does have an accu-stock for the same price. ??? It is a good shooting rifle. However, I am finding limited options in stocks if I want to upgrade because of the DBM and newer screw spacing.

I asked him if this was a special run rifle that Savage did for large box stores like Dicks. And like all good box store employees he didn't have an answer.

It's a great rifle for the price and if it comes with the accu-stock it's even better.

corleone000
02-21-2010, 12:33 AM
I called Savage about this same rifle and they mentioned that they do a lot of 'special runs' for anyone who is willing to buy in bulk. This particular rifle is like a the new Savage Predator Max-1 in 308 with a standard factory synthetic stock. It has the accutrigger, though, it's matte blued with a nice fluted barrel...and it is the newer model of the Savage rifle (tirgger guard bolt release). The scope is a Tasco model. It's a nice rifle, but FYI - for about the same money, you can get a nicer factory model from NSS (who is a sponsor here). I visited Dick's many time and I think that rifle there have more of my finger prints than that of those that made it. I've heard great thing about the out-of-box accuracy, too. It is not an official 10FCPXP and I am not sure how they can use that tag on this rifle without having some issues, but it is what it is.