PDA

View Full Version : Hog Hunter 308 Replacement Stock

Swanny297
10-22-2013, 10:47 AM
I am looking to replace the factory stock on my 308 hog hunter. Ultimately I will end up with a CDI bottom. Looking for suggestions on a synthetic replacement. This is used almost exclusively for hunting so I would like to keep it light weight, and do I need to order a stock for a bull barrel or just factory replacement?

Thanks

jbjh
10-22-2013, 11:38 AM
I would say B&C right off the top of my head, but that might be heavier than you want.

If you are going to run CDI eventually, call them and ask their recommendation. They will do the inletting on your stock for $60 shipped, and can tell you what stocks will or will not work in their experience

wlleven
10-22-2013, 06:19 PM
I am looking to replace the factory stock on my 308 hog hunter. Ultimately I will end up with a CDI bottom. Looking for suggestions on a synthetic replacement. This is used almost exclusively for hunting so I would like to keep it light weight, and do I need to order a stock for a bull barrel or just factory replacement?

Thanks

Im waiting to test mine, maybe Friday before I decide to change stocks.

I very much like the ugly green stock, if It shoots around an inch, for what I want the rifle to do, it will be OK with me, I can live with 1.5 also. I have it set up with a Weaver 1-3 variable, and that is all I need with the way I have this rifle intended to do.

I will be shooting 150 gr solid copper bullets for pig, as I live in Kalifornia this is what I will do !

wll

Swanny297
10-22-2013, 06:36 PM
You shouldn't have any problems, I was a little under 1" at 100 with 165g Gameking.