PDA

View Full Version : Hoghunter

Pages : 1 [2]

masterblaster
01-25-2014, 09:31 PM
After working through a bunch of load development I tried some of my M1A rounds, 41.7 4064 with a 175 smk in LC brass at 2.8 COAL, it shoots about 5/8th inch groups. I use a 16 x SS scope, its a good combo on ths gun. I get to use the LC brass instead of Win or Lapua brass and it shoots very well, I changed out the 3 port muzzle brake for a claymore brake to keep the short barrel noise down a bit, the 3 port brake was better at recoil reduction but the Claymore is tolerable on recoil and much better at sending noise down range. Working up a 155 Nosler load now, been trying IMR 4064 but will go to IMR 4895 and see what happens.

badmutha6
01-30-2014, 01:26 PM
I am running a Hog Hunter in .308 in a B&C Tactical Medalist with an EGW 20 base and a 16x FFP mil dot. I also added a YHM QD Brake for my can and I have to say I am extremely pleased. Currently shooting 168 gr factory Federal Gold Medal Match and getting sub-half inch groups. Its great.

wlleven
01-30-2014, 01:39 PM
My HH is one of my favorite guns, I may sell off some of my other rifles as the HH will do almost everything I need for hog, deer, black bear, and even elk.

The gun is the perfect size and I love the iron sights, and the threaded barrel .... not to mention the moss green stock (which I really do like). It is the perfect utilitarian hunting gun. Like I have mentioned on another post, mine has a Weaver 1-3 power, which fits my purpose for this gun perfectly !!!

I just wish Savage would have come out with this gun in 2014 in 338 Fed, that would have been awesome.

wll