PDA

View Full Version : Humor or a sad testimony on today's society?

n4ue
10-20-2013, 09:40 AM
Hi. At first I was going to put this on the "Humor" section, but......

To start off, I am NOT anti-safety, anti-Lawyer, etc!!

Bought a new gun lately? The manual has page after page of 'warnings' and 'cautions'. Even scope instructions warn against looking at the sun!

Anyway, I bought another tree stand for my buddy's farm. We have a coy-dog issue.

So, the instruction book had:

64 WARNINGS

The separate book for the Safety Harness (included with the stand) had:

66 WARNINGS

The optional, flat, cloth roof had:

46 Warnings !!!!

These 'warnings' covered everything but a Meteor strike. Wait, I thought I saw that on page 8 of the warnings. Geeesh...

ron

EFBell
10-20-2013, 09:51 AM
Have you looked at a regular old (new) step ladder recently? LOL...

missed
10-20-2013, 09:57 AM
The attorneys justifying there overpaid employment!

cqh1111
10-20-2013, 10:13 AM
Manufacturers have warnings for "everything" and still have to defend lawsuits for "everything".

missed
10-20-2013, 10:19 AM
They don't like the "stupidity hurts for a reason" line very much.

psharon97
10-20-2013, 02:12 PM
When you idiot-proof someone will create a better idiot.

missed
10-20-2013, 02:13 PM
When you idiot-proof someone will create a better idiot.

+1 I gotta remember that!

brtelec
10-20-2013, 02:14 PM
All these warnings are the only way most companies can even attempt to defend themselves nowadays. It is very sad commentary on our society. The reason that people file suit anyway in light of the fair warning, is the company will settle on a case they should never have to pay out on, because the fear of an ignorant jury is just too great. When I was in the motorcycle business many years ago I was sued personally on more than one occasion.

n4ue
10-20-2013, 02:26 PM
Hi to all, everything said above is so true. To brtelec, I worked at a M/C shop for a few years. Some guy brought in a VERY old Honda, in horrible shape. The mechanic refused to test drive it because the brakes were so bad. It was documentated on the work order. The guy left and came back hours later, wanting to sue everyone in the place because (you guess it), the brakes "weren't right"...
What he didn't know, the Manager of the shop just happened to be behind the guy in traffic. Needless to say, it went nowhere.

Another group I belong to had a chaps 'signature':

"You can have a college degree and legitimate parents, but still be a dumb *******"....

ha ha

ron

rgburrill
10-20-2013, 02:51 PM
I think the most absurd warning I have seen is the one on a curling iron that says do not insert it into any bodily orificice.:o

sha-ul
10-20-2013, 03:03 PM
I think the most absurd warning I have seen is the one on a curling iron that says do not insert it into any bodily orificice.:o

Because you know somewhere, someone tried this.:eek:
You ever hear the phrase "Don't make me make a rule"?

brtelec
10-20-2013, 06:04 PM
There is a warning on the back of personal watercraft that says not to allow the pressurized water to enter bodily orifices, ie, rectum or vagina. You know why it was on there.

foxx
10-20-2013, 06:14 PM
I read somewhere once that if your dog bites someone at your door, and you had a "Beware of Dog" sign in your yard, you are more likely to lose a lawsuit because the sign demonstrated that you knew your dog was vicious. It never ends.