PDA

View Full Version : after market stocks

Ech110
02-20-2010, 08:30 AM
Hey everybody, looking for a little guidance here. My wonderful lady bought a Savage 111 .30-06 center feed rifle for me for Christmas. needless to say she rocks. But I would like some input on choosing an after market stock for it. From what I can find there doesn't seem to be many, but before i give up I figured I ask.

Thanks in advance for your guys help.

acasto
02-20-2010, 10:02 AM
What kind of stock are you looking for? I bought a thumbhole from Stockys amd like it quite well. Have a Choate Tactical on my 308 and have made it into a keeper. Bought an A5 from Joel Russo and it is my favorite. Some folks have high praises for the B&C Medalist, but I have never handled one myself.
Do you think she would buy me a rifle next Christmas? ;D

Ech110
02-20-2010, 10:26 AM
I guess anything with more weight behind it. I'm not a hunter, just a man that likes shooting. I typically shoot 100-200 yards. A stock with a raise cheek rest and wider forend would be great. Like I said, I found plenty of stocks but they all say for the Savage 110. Will they fit my 111?

Never hurts to ask her! ;)

McKinneyMike
02-20-2010, 10:30 AM
+100 for Joel Russo stocks! He is a great guy to work with as well. I am having him make me a stock with a custom blank that I made up of figured Bubinga and figured Anigre. I can not wait to see this one. he does great work too :) Thinking of having him make me another one as soon as this one is done for my latest build. Only if I were made of money!
Russo Rifle Stocks http://russoriflestocks.com/

fatdaddy
02-20-2010, 10:41 AM
Any stock that will fit a long action will work. All the 110,111,112 ect.. will work as long as its a long action. And the bolt is the same, as in right hand-left hand... Bill

McKinneyMike
02-20-2010, 10:44 AM
You are limited right now with the new Savage center feed actions. I guess it takes the aftermarket guys a little while to justify adding a new line in these economic conditions. It will happen sooner than later though as Savage is kickin' tail in the centerfire market these days ;D

rjtfroggy
02-20-2010, 10:47 AM
ECH110 to answer your question yes the 110 stock will fit your 111 and the 112,114,116 all long actions measure out the same. Now if you want a factory laminate look on numrich gun parts under "factory stocks" they had some adj.cheek target stocks and regular laminate might of had a thumbhole also, all at real good prices. Stocks right from savage so they are drop in fit and should have the factory pillars installed

Ech110
02-20-2010, 12:12 PM
So the magazine doesn't matter then? I was under the impression that the 110 were stagger fed mags as opposed to my center feed.

Just want to thank you guys for helping me out. really appreciate it.