PDA

View Full Version : Pay for classifieds, really!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

emmagator
10-18-2013, 06:57 PM
If you don't want a paid membership why even talk about it at all? Your waisting your time that is more valuable than money in the first place.
Yep!

fgw_in_fla
10-18-2013, 06:58 PM
No, I think your missing the point. We (the paid members) like it like this. We don't want people just dropping by to sell something or buy something. The members here trust each other and in 4yrs I've zero problems. No crooks, scammers, people with 5 different screen names or bad mouthing someone else's post.

An excellent point.
I trust most everyone here. I even send stuff without getting the money up front.

Never got ripped off.
Most of the "regulars" will give away parts & goodies for free sometimes. I even given away stuff if a guy is low on resources & needs something.
That's just the kinda guys we are.

And it only costs 15 bucks for all that friendship. How can you go wrong?

Come back around 10pm. We're all gonna sit in front of our computers & sing Cum By Yah....

pdog2062
10-18-2013, 07:03 PM
just cruise the forums that are free to look at and see if you think it is worth the money to go any further.This is one of the friendliest forums around and also one of the most family oriented you can find.

JW
10-18-2013, 07:25 PM
Come back around 10pm. We're all gonna sit in front of our computers & sing Cum By Yah....

What time zone? lol

Seriously though,
Welcome to the forum, I am glad your here
No biggie if you don't care to get a paid membership
That is just the way this site is set up and it works fantastic
You can still participate, just not to the full extent a paid subscription would allow

Jack

fgw_in_fla
10-18-2013, 07:31 PM
Time zone?
That's 10pm PST.
Us guys on the east side are going to be outside under the Full moon.
Is that a harvest moon or a hunters moon?

keeki
10-18-2013, 07:54 PM
I apologize if I was sounding snotty. Just trying to make a point, not really trying to be a smart***

geargrinder
10-18-2013, 08:33 PM
You could shoot in the monthly email match. If you are ahead at the end of the year I'll pay for your yearly membership.

It's worth the $15 anyway. They were giving away free beer...yesterday.

Jack Rustle
10-18-2013, 10:17 PM
Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

kinda what I am thinking...free stuff is ok but sometimes you have to pay for the good stuff

pdog06
10-18-2013, 10:18 PM
Every other site also has its own set of rules. This rule is one of ours, and will continue to be one. Just like all the other sites you visit, you either take it or leave it.

I visit other gun sites as well, and buy and sell at times as well, but I will only buy from someone who I have known as a regular on that forum. Ive let alot of good deals go by just cause I didnt know the guy. But on this site you do not need to worry about that because they have made the commitment to become a paid member. Think of it as an insurance policy.

Now you know the rules and why they are the way they are. No need to continue complaining about them.

emmagator
10-18-2013, 10:40 PM
Ok now i get to see WHAT IM MISSING!

blackbart338-06
10-18-2013, 10:47 PM
Congrats and welcome home!

Jack Rustle
10-18-2013, 11:50 PM
Hope you likes it here, I was unpaid until I needed some stuff, paid my money and never looked back...enjoy...there are some wacko's here but mostly all for fun...

foxx
10-18-2013, 11:59 PM
Ok now i get to see WHAT IM MISSING!

Hey, guys!!!!! Look who joined the party!!!!!

Welcome to the brotherhood, emmagator! Got anything you wanna sell cheap?

rgburrill
10-20-2013, 02:58 PM
Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

It's a matter of principle. As the OP stated, and I have said several times, this is the only site I have been to that does this. Every one else charges the seller a fee.
However, one other thing that distimguishes most Savage owners from others is that they will buy the cheapest gun they can (Axis) and spend hundreds, if not thousands, upgrading it.:o Most people on this site are not happy with a stock weapon.

wbm
10-20-2013, 03:28 PM
Don't know about that. My Savage Light Weight Hunter was definitely not cheap...didn't change a thing. On the other hand my 243 Axis shot as good out of the box as the more expensive Savage LWH. What's not to like about that? I am happy with most all the Savage rifles I have purchased over the years. I upgrade some to be even more happy.

davemuzz
10-20-2013, 04:09 PM
I've been paying the fee for a few years now.....but Frank didn't tell me that got me out of singing Cum-by-ya. I had to practice that for over an hour....then record it, then post it to youtube...then Frank had to approve it. Heeyyyyyy.....I'm thinking Frank was pulling a fast one on me?

EFBell
10-20-2013, 05:04 PM
Welcome to the inner sanctum... ;)

snowgetter1
10-20-2013, 07:18 PM
No, I think your missing the point. We (the paid members) like it like this. We don't want people just dropping by to sell something or buy something. The members here trust each other and in 4yrs I've zero problems. No crooks, scammers, people with 5 different screen names or bad mouthing someone else's post.

100% agree. And there is no name calling and attacks on people for their choice of what they may or may not like to do. The worst one I have ever seen is Mud Motor Talk. Ask a question on there and you will get 20 responses of people just telling to sell what you have and the "best" one like they have. Very little help.

Savage Shooters Forum is a great place.

Sheldon
10-20-2013, 07:27 PM
Remember. here it is PAY TO PLAY . . .

Works for me

Sheldon

fgw_in_fla
10-20-2013, 08:36 PM
I've been paying the fee for a few years now.....but Frank didn't tell me that got me out of singing Cum-by-ya. I had to practice that for over an hour....then record it, then post it to youtube...then Frank had to approve it. Heeyyyyyy.....I'm thinking Frank was pulling a fast one on me?

Now, would I do that to you Dave?....