PDA

View Full Version : 110CL Series J Magazine Latch Button question

cohland
10-18-2013, 09:38 AM
I am refinishing the stock on a 110CL Series J in .270, which has a magazine latch button mounted on the right side of the stock. Dismantling the stock, after I got everything apart I do not see anything that would hold the magazine latch button in place, and there is nothing on the Numrich exploded view. There is an escutcheon that apparently was glued to the stock, perhaps the button just needs to be pushed into the escutcheon from inside? If you have worked on this particular model, please let me know if there is some special technique for re-installing the button.

Also, there is some sort of adhesive, almost like a bedding compound, used in the stock assembly. Can anyone tell me what this material is, and if it is available on the market?

Thanks,
Chris

LHitchcox
10-23-2013, 09:11 AM
I have the exact same rifle. The mag box housing holds the button in place. You should notice something that looks like a lever on the mag housing. That is exactly what it is. When you push the button, it presses the lever in to release the detachable mag.

Just put the button in place and tilt the stock so it doesn't fall out. Drop in the action and it will be good.

cohland
10-23-2013, 09:19 AM
I have the exact same rifle. The mag box housing holds the button in place. You should notice something that looks like a lever on the mag housing. That is exactly what it is. When you push the button, it presses the lever in to release the detachable mag.

Just put the button in place and tilt the stock so it doesn't fall out. Drop in the action and it will be good.

Thank you!

I must have been having a Senior Moment, it's obvious how it works now. I do appreciate your reply.

Chris