PDA

View Full Version : Accu trigger

Pages : 1 [2]

thomae
03-18-2014, 08:32 AM
If it has the same wide area that the standard accutrigger has, then yes, you would.

Forever draggin
03-18-2014, 07:20 PM
For those with an accutrigger on an axis, are you using the axis spring on the accutrigger? My accutrigger that I put on the axis seems really heavy and I turned the spring ccw til it's maxed out

jalmeter29
03-18-2014, 07:24 PM
I use the accutrigger spring but have the rear part of the trigger ground down fore more Clarence. See the pictures at the beginning of this thread

lotusboyrulz
03-20-2014, 12:21 PM
SSS does not sell any accutrigers.

little squirt
03-28-2014, 08:12 PM
So, is there a place or person here to contact for a trigger? I just picked up my .308 axis today and looking to do this mod first. Thanks!

Elgin
03-30-2014, 11:06 AM
I would place a wanted to buy ad in the classifieds. I've gotten all of mine from either placing a WTB here, or in a couple other forums.

That, or you can do eBay, but they get pricey there. Good luck!

Willbur.308
04-18-2014, 11:15 AM
Could you just do do a trigger assembly swap from the axis 2? if they come standard with the axis trigger, in theory the trigger housing and assembly should fit right into a standard axis stock. Or am I completely wrong in my thinking?

Scoped.22
04-26-2014, 08:32 AM
Could you just do do a trigger assembly swap from the axis 2? if they come standard with the axis trigger, in theory the trigger housing and assembly should fit right into a standard axis stock. Or am I completely wrong in my thinking?
I can't see why that wouldn't work, but I would assume they don't have trigger assembly's laying around to sell separate from the rifle being so new.

eternalprimate
04-26-2014, 05:32 PM
I dident have the $ to buy a acu trigger, or rifle basix, but got a spring off amazon , 15$ turns it to a 2.5 to 3.5 pull, I'm guessen a lot closer to 2.5. Easy as cake to POP in, just unscrew old spring , coat some nailpolish in hole and screw in new spring. It's now got a GREAT break to it. Crisp too. Did some honing on the sear as well. Overall I feel like I got alot more than 15$ of value added in a few easy steps.

rsh4364
04-26-2014, 08:05 PM
15$ for a .75 cent spring,search a little bit guys! There is a lot of knowledge here,I have learned a ton.

eternalprimate
04-26-2014, 08:52 PM
Yeah, I know, its pricey. This spring is the same shape(skinny bottom you can thread) as the factory spring I removed.

Bottom line, I could have done it for cheaper, yes. Am I happy and do I feel like I got a much upgraded trigger for 15 bucks? Yes to that too. So while not an ultra cheap option I'm happy with cost and reward. If I did it again would I go round up the parts and Do it myself? Good chance I would.

But all in all with no guess work and testing, I just dropped het in and the trigger is breaking clean and at just the level that feels comfortable. Easy . I like doing some amateur gunsmithing, my 10/22 I did all by hand, going reciever, bolt lock anx.various other.. but with this I wanted it spot on.

eternalprimate
04-26-2014, 09:05 PM
But I guess in all honesty I wish I had been a member here before going on a small spending spree with amazon gift cards lol . I gotta reason my 15$ spring somehow right? Lmao

It really does have the perfect break. When you buy a spring at the hardware store do you need the screw to to hold the spring?

DrThunder88
04-26-2014, 09:13 PM
It's 10-24 if memory serves. But that could cost an additional 25 cents. Costs related to springs and screws are spiraling!