PDA

View Full Version : Small game shoot schedule

calib
10-16-2013, 03:42 PM
Sportsman's Challenge will be holding small game shoots at Miller Ranch in Sprague, WA.
Dec 14th
25th of January
22nd of March
all of these are Saturdays and will provide multiple chances for guys to get out and keep up with your marksmanship especially in the elements that most of us predator hunters find ourselvs in every year.

Generally these shoots consist of ranges from 100-600 or so yards.
There will be a shorter as well as a longer course. We kick off the shooting about 8a.m. and finish when we finish. The cost is 10$ for your first rifle and 5$ for each after, so you could bring a couple rifles and compete with each while finding drops, testing loads or just keeping up with your top rifles.

you can read more about how the shoots are ran and scored at www.sportsmanschallenge.weebly.com

hope to see you there,
caleb

calib
11-29-2013, 03:14 PM
The December shoot date is coming quick and the coyotes are looking good this year, hope to see some of you out at the shoot.

chukarmandoo
12-01-2013, 02:24 AM
I hope to be at your shoot. I planning on it. I have a shoot to go to the 7 and 8 but should make yours. Man I'm burning the ammo!

Hotolds442
12-01-2013, 01:23 PM
Work always gets in the way of a good time.....

calib
12-02-2013, 01:32 AM
someone has got to burn their components up, i just loaded a couple hundred rounds. should be cold if the weather holds

calib
12-06-2013, 03:54 PM
Got the directions to the small game shoot posted on the website, see you there

chukarmandoo
12-13-2013, 12:48 PM
Should be leaving this afternoon or early evening. Can't wait to see everybody and have a fun time. Love your matches! Sounds like the weather will be better than last week. Started shooting at 9:00 with the temp at 4* Saturday and 7* on Sunday! Bringing a new young shooter. Dan

calib
12-16-2013, 07:06 PM
results are up for the December shoot on the Sportsman's Challenge home page

calib
01-15-2014, 11:44 PM
we have another small game shoot coming the 25th of jan at miller ranch again show up and see if you can beat out all the other shooters

calib
01-23-2014, 09:45 PM
sounds like this shoot sat will be the largest small game shoot put on yet, hope to see you guys there

chukarmandoo
01-24-2014, 07:11 PM
I'll see you guys in the morning. Weather shows fog? We're leaving tonight.

calib
01-26-2014, 11:13 PM
hey dan, thanks for coming, next time we are going to have to get lisa shooting.

calib
01-26-2014, 11:14 PM
This past Saturday the 25th of January we had one of the greatest turnouts yet with 44 shooters and a total of over 50 people. We had people from the coast, Orofino, Colville as well as many more places around the NW. We had shooters as young as 11 up to well lets say well experienced. The day was cold with a slight breeze that lasted most of the day keeping most of us gathered up around a fire pit or some of the heaters that were also brought out by participants trying to keep their trigger fingers moving. We had 6 youth who came to better their skills with the top three being Tyler Carlock(1st), Connor Pellisier(2nd) and Brady Webley(3rd) , then we had the adults that where lead by Nick Gadarzi(1st), Dan Huber(2nd) and Randy Munn. Below you can find the total results with times, cartridges and placing. If there is blanks in the spread sheet nothing was recorded on the score card.

I want to thank everyone who showed up to battle the weather as well as the great shooters to have a good time and gain some more experience and hope we see you guys at future events.

chukarmandoo
01-27-2014, 10:35 AM
I had a very good time and really glad to see everyone again. The rifle the scope and the loads were right on. I love it when a plan comes together.

Calib these shoots you put on I know take a lot of work and the way you try to promote the youth as well as new shooters is great. Thanks. Dan

calib
01-27-2014, 10:22 PM
glad you enjoyed it and thanks for the great words

calib
02-13-2014, 10:25 PM
for anyone who looks at this shoot and goes or already goes there will be NO MAGNUMS ALLOWED on small game targets

calib
03-06-2014, 08:41 AM
March 22nd will be the last small game shoot for the winter/spring portion of our season. There will be the big sportsmans challenge shoot that will be held may 3rd that will have small game targets as well as the big game.

Hoping the weather is good for the small game shoot and we anticipate to see a decent amount of folks showing up to this one. The big horn show will be going at the fairgrounds the same weekend so after the shoot you could head up there and see whats new.