PDA

View Full Version : Subscribe: Best few bucks you'll ever spend

pheasant16
10-15-2013, 07:52 AM
Life is busy; projects are fewer, views of most all internet sites are way down(not just for me),
but when the stray question does arise, this site's users are still some of the most helpful
folks you'll ever find without the usual bravado found in most local gun shops.

twarren
10-15-2013, 08:24 AM
I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!

bythebook
10-15-2013, 09:03 AM
+1 yes !

Spectre236
10-15-2013, 09:24 AM
Absolute "Truism"

brtelec
10-15-2013, 10:20 AM
It costs money to operate a site like this. Being a paid subscriber is what will ensure that sites like this remain available. It is money well spent.

223 4 me
10-15-2013, 11:48 AM
This is the best Savage sight on the web, expert advice, great moderators who dont tolerate insults or nonsence. Very refreshing!

03mossy
10-15-2013, 12:38 PM
Agreed! This is one of the three sites I still frequent. This like the other two seem like people check the attitudes and egos at the door and respect other members. Keep it up Savageshooters!

LoneWolf
10-15-2013, 03:04 PM
This is pretty much the site for me. None of the childish junk you get on other sites and those that start the childish stuff get shut down quickly!

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

rgburrill
10-15-2013, 03:05 PM
Paying to get information that is freely available is ????? This is the only site I visit that you have to pay for what othrs consider basic services. I can see paying to buy or sell something but to jsut ook at an ad? Absurd.

LoneWolf
10-15-2013, 03:09 PM
Paying to get information that is freely available is ????? This is the only site I visit that you have to pay for what othrs consider basic services. I can see paying to buy or sell something but to jsut ook at an ad? Absurd.

I understand what you're saying, but with paying you get a more dedicated group and a better site of well compiled information. Always willing to pay for good customer service everywhere else in life why not online too!

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

brtelec
10-15-2013, 05:23 PM

That is not the way to look at it. You pay to make sure the site continues to be here.

missed
10-15-2013, 05:58 PM
That is not the way to look at it. You pay to make sure the site continues to be here.

+1

And the membership reduces classifieds riff raff

Williarj87
10-16-2013, 03:23 AM
pretty sure that paying $15 bucks a year will save you that money ten fold from the knowledge and information floating around on this site. Heck, you will save money just from the good reviews on equipment and products by pulling you away from purchasing crappy products and leading you to the good stuff that actually works.

Texas Solo
10-16-2013, 06:43 AM
Good timing on this thread. I just got my renewal notice. Didn't hesitate, it's done.

J.Baker
10-17-2013, 09:40 AM
Perfect example of why there are days I want to lock the forum down so it's only accessible to paid members. (Not that I ever would, but the thought does cross my mind once or ten times a week. LOL) This is an email I got yesterday (email address and name removed to protect the guilty). His account has already been deleted so his username is of little consequence.

> The following message was sent to you via the Savage Shooters Contact Us
> form by Jack 1 ( mailto:*********** ).
>
> --------------------------------
>
> Regarding my last message about uploading pictures. If you worked a
> little harder you could make it even more complicated than it is and in
> your instruction whatever you do ensure you don't actually explain how the
> account with photobucket is opened. That would be too easy
>
> I'll stay with other shooting forums where all I do is access my pc and
> select a picture to be attached to the post. Simple.
>
> Thankfully Savage firearms are of a much higher quality than the forum
> that uses it's name
>
> --------------------------------
>
> Referring Page:
> User Name: Jack 1
> User ID: 27257
> Email: ******************
>

I found that to be a little rude and abrasive so I composed my response equally as rude and abbrasive...

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2013 4:08 AM
To: Jack 1 - Savage Shooters
Subject: Re: Savage Shooters Contact Us Form - Site Feedback

The reason we don't allow direct uploads to our server is two-fold. One,
it's real easy to embed a virus into a jpeg image and I'm not putting my
server and site at risk of being corrupted just so you or anyone else can
more easily post a photo. Second, I would be the one footing the bill for
the additional storage space and bandwidth usage needed if we were to
allow direct uploads. By using the remote (and free) sites it eliminates
both of those problems and helps ensure the site runs faster.

As for your whining about it, if you dislike the site that much just go
somewhere else. Like it's my fault you can't figure out how to register
on PhotoBucket or a similar hosting site. It's really not that difficult
or different from registering on a forum and you clearly managed to figure
that one out.

Jim

Was I rude? Definitely a little, but no more rude than he was with his remarks in his email to me. What comes around goes around, right? But here's the kicker...here's the email he sent this morning in response to my reply.

What a rude, ignorant, unfortunate,individual you are, education was
obviously wasted on you.

Yes idiot I will be going somewhere else where the attitude is friendly,
welcoming, and helpful and, where image production is simple. In the
meantime you will remove my details from you database.

Your e mail address is now on my 'blocked senders list' I do not expect to
hear from you again.

You are in no way a good ambassador for Savage Firearms. Perhaps I should
pass all of your diatribe on to them.

Guess he's just one of those who likes to dish it out but can't take it when it's dished right back at him.

Ahh...the joys of being the Admin around here. lol

fgw_in_fla
10-17-2013, 11:16 AM
Hey guys - Speaking of subscriptions....
Where do I find out when mine runs out?

Somebody told me a while ago & I forgot. As usual.

Thanks.

223 4 me
10-17-2013, 11:51 AM
{{{BRAVO}}} Furious. Nobody is more lame than me on a computer, and I managed to post pics without any night classes LOL.

J.Baker
10-17-2013, 02:01 PM
Hey guys - Speaking of subscriptions....
Where do I find out when mine runs out?

Somebody told me a while ago & I forgot. As usual.

Thanks.

Click "Settings" in the upper right corner of any page of the site
Under "My Settings" in the left column on the page that loads, find and click "Paid Subscriptions"

It should tell you there under the purchasing options when your current subscription expires. You'll also receive an email notification a few days before it expires.

J.Baker
10-17-2013, 02:11 PM
{{{BRAVO}}} Furious. Nobody is more lame than me on a computer, and I managed to post pics without any night classes LOL.

Had he asked nicely for help I would have been more than happy to walk him through it, but no...he had to be a prick about it so I chose to be a prick right back. I've come to the consensus that if someone acts rude and obnoxious via email when they're wanting your help they'll probably always be just as rude and obnoxious when posting on the forum as well, so it's better to send them packing sooner rather than later and spare the rest of the community the unpleasant experience of having to deal with them.

foxx
10-17-2013, 03:04 PM
Okay, MrFurious has tried, very nicely, to explain to me how to post pics. I still can't seem to do it right.

I guess I am stupid. :)

Having said that, I am not so stupid that I don't know a good web-site/community when I find one. This is the best. Keep up the good work. If you must raise the fees to keep it going, please do so.