PDA

View Full Version : Ultra budget 110

300mag
10-14-2013, 02:46 PM
Greetings all,

I just won the auction on a used 110E in 7mm mag. $21.00! Yep...21 bucks. It's in rough shape with some surface rust and a well worn stock but hey - 21 bucks...can't go wrong right? It's also missing the bolt assembly. I'm hoping I can locate one pretty easily.

RP12
10-14-2013, 02:55 PM
21.00 bucks is going to get expensive rather quickly, LOL. Nice snag. Welcome.

300mag
10-14-2013, 02:58 PM
Thanks RP. Hopefully I'll be able to round up a bolt soon and get a few rounds thru it.

keeki
10-14-2013, 03:00 PM
Might as well go ahead a buy a membership so you can surf the classifieds. Gonna be some parts that may otherwise be too expensive or hard to find.

Silvercrow1
10-14-2013, 03:13 PM
That is SO cool! Resurrection...Back From The Dead! Post pics please. Lots of us will want to see the progress. AND what Keeki said- even without the classifieds this forum has been such a help to me- the friendliest folks I've ever met on a forum. TRUE TOO- thos classifieds will save your butt and keep you from unnecessary heartbreak and staccato cussing! Brian

pdog2062
10-14-2013, 07:07 PM
congrats on your win.21 dollars is nothing compared to what you can spend to build your dream rifle,but you will have a great time and learn a lot about rifles and maybe make some new friends along the way.keep us up on the progress and good luck.Randel

taylorce1
10-15-2013, 09:12 AM
$21 for the rifle, $25-35 shipping, $20-40 transfer fee, and plus cost of a bolt. Yep, I see things adding up quickly. Good luck on your build and make sure to post before and after pics!

big honkin jeep
10-15-2013, 12:50 PM
Sounds like you scored a deal.
Just make sure to reset the headspace after you install the new bolt. You don't want a case head separation.
Safety first.

sortafast
10-16-2013, 11:19 AM
Check midwayusa.com for complete bolt assemblies or you could piece one together. Just depends on your budget. IF you want to go nuts with it, go get a PT&G bolt head and bolt body (about $125 for the 2) then get all the little bits. I did this on my 110 as my 110 was from 1958 or so and predates the pre-accutrigger design so the only thing that is compatible with anything is the receiver itself. Got the fluted bolt and everything. Looks pretty nice IMO. But the factory units aren't too bad at all. Then you just need a mount for an optic and you'd be set. If you did this cheaply and took your time, you could probably do the whole thing for well under $200. Since yours is an "E" you won't run into the issues I did with my ancient receiver. IF you don't mind waiting there is this (http://www.midwayusa.com/product/175404/savage-arms-bolt-long-action-7mm-remington-magnum-300-winchester-magnum-push-feed-without-ejector-blue). Or call Sharp Shooter Supply as they do a lot of factory Savage parts and could probably get it sooner, maybe. Or you could go nuts and just start a whole new build, change calibers buy a sweet drop in barrel from NSS then get a nice stock and so forth. That route will run you about $500-700 more, but you'd have a bangin rifle when you are done.

300mag
10-17-2013, 02:26 PM
Thanks sortafast. I saw those on Midway. Since mine is an older model it'll have the flat receiver. The new bolts have the round collar to match the new round receivers. Are they interchangeable?

sortafast
10-17-2013, 07:28 PM
Thanks sortafast. I saw those on Midway. Since mine is an older model it'll have the flat receiver. The new bolts have the round collar to match the new round receivers. Are they interchangeable?

I am pretty sure they are. Only one way to find out :D

Also, I was on Numrich's site (gunpartscorp.com for the unenlightened) and I am pretty sure they have complete 110 bolt assemblies. I wasn't paying too much attention, but it might be worth a look. Their site can be a pain, but they have a ton of parts therein.

jeffman3
10-19-2013, 03:47 PM
This Forum, and the people here, will help more then you can imagine! :) I have a Stevens 200 LA waiting to be "rebuilt" I will have built it 100 times in my head (with the help I have found here!) before I turn the first screw! Great Knowledge base to draw from! Be sure to post pics if you can I am interested in your build, so I may "learn", for when I do mine!

geargrinder
10-20-2013, 11:47 AM
The rear baffles are interchangeable. You could even use the round one. It won't hurt anything. It will just look funny. Can also just grind the round one down. Although, it shouldn't be too tough to find a flat one. Plenty of people around here should have some floating abound in a drawer.

Invest another $15 to gain access to the classifieds. You'll still be in it pretty cheap.