PDA

View Full Version : LRPV first time at the range

pahoghunter
10-14-2013, 11:18 AM
I went to the range this morning, with my .223 just to get it on paper, I used 53gr VAX and 21.5grs. of H4198 my first 5 shot group had a flier but still measured .504 at 200 yds 3 shots 1.022. My next trip will be with 69gr Sierra, and Varget. My only complaint is after firing a round I would put another round in the chamber and close the bolt but couldn't move the red blade on the Accutrigger. When I lifted the bolt I noticed the red blade dropped down them I was good to go. The cases were FL sized the bolt closed easily this happened on most of the cartridges. It never happened on an empty chamber. Any one ever have the problem. thanks Bob

Tim300wsm
10-14-2013, 01:40 PM
I have the same problem. I am going to try playing with the adjustments

pahoghunter
10-14-2013, 02:30 PM
I found a manual online and I believe you are correct its in the adjustments, I just came back from the range again and this time had no problems because I closed the bolt very gently. My trigger is set at approx. 1.2 lbs I don't think its set to light but apparently I'm wrong?

Tim300wsm
10-14-2013, 03:37 PM
Mine started after I set the trigger near the minimum.

MartyB
10-14-2013, 03:49 PM
There's a paragraph in the manual that outlines the sensitivity of the AccuRelease and sear in the target Accutrigger models.

1. TARGET PRECISION TRIGGER ヨ CLOSE
BOLT WITH EXTREME CARE: To achieve
such a light trigger pull with no creep or travel,
the design requires an ultimate level of precision
with minimal engagement surfaces. To put
this into perspective, the distance the trigger will
travel before releasing the sear is less than the
thickness of the paper this is printed on. As
such, the sear is very sensitive to mechanical
jarring *1 or touching the side of the trigger
shoe without fully depressing the AccuRelease.
If either should happen, the AccuRelease will
physically block the sear (see FIGURE 30) and
trigger travel, requiring the firearm to be
recocked.

sparky123321
10-14-2013, 06:08 PM
I've owned around 10 target actions over the years and never had a problem, but my brother along with other shooters trying my rifles have. Normally they are touching the sides of the trigger before depressing the orange center safety. This immediately locks out the trigger and you must raise and lower the bolt to reset it. Increasing the trigger pull weight will make it a little less sensitive, but touching the trigger before depressing the safety can still lock it out. I've also had shooters throw the bolt to hard and that will also lock out the trigger even before you attempt to squeeze the trigger. Increasing the trigger pull weight will make it less sensitive to this situation.

eddiesindian
10-14-2013, 08:19 PM
I found a manual online and I believe you are correct its in the adjustments, I just came back from the range again and this time had no problems because I closed the bolt very gently. My trigger is set at approx. 1.2 lbs I don't think its set to light but apparently I'm wrong?

your not wrong at all.....thats a nice setting,,,just gotta get used to it. its a target trig, not a hunter trig.
you,ll get used to it. buddy of mine had the same problem and after *****ing moaning and groaning and dogging savage,s trig system, he finnaly came down to the conclusion that reading the manual turned out to be a smart thing to do after all.

sparky123321
10-15-2013, 10:19 AM
Manual??? What's that???