PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Model?

Sebastian777
10-13-2013, 03:19 AM
Looking for a 308 bolt action. I've came across a model on several dealer's websites, it's listed as a "Savage 10 P". With a manufacturer number of 22075. I've also found a "Savage 10 P-SR" with manufacturer number of 22076. I can not find info on these specific models anywhere on Savage's website.
Are these old or special models or something?
How do they differ from some particular model that is on Savage's website?

Hoping someone can help me out on this, thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light on this rifle.

pdog06
10-13-2013, 09:29 AM
call savage and give them that model number. They made it so they will be able to tell you exactly what it is.

J.Baker
10-13-2013, 04:32 PM
Likely a special run for a distributor or big-box store.

M4J0R T0M
10-13-2013, 08:32 PM
They are law enforcement models, that's why you can't find any info online. I just bought the 10 P-SR online so if you have any specific questions ask away.

J.Baker
10-14-2013, 07:32 AM
They are law enforcement models, that's why you can't find any info online. I just bought the 10 P-SR online so if you have any specific questions ask away.

I dunno who told you that, but they fed you a line of ..... well, you know.

Savage doesn't make ANYTHING specifically for law enforcement. In fact, their actual sales to law enforcement offices are miniscule at best - meaning probably less than a couple hundred units a year. The whole Law Enforcement Series is nothing more than a marketing ploy to draw in the Couch Commando types who will only buy black things that say tactical on them because somehow it's magically gotta be better because it's supposedly "tactical".

10 P #22075 - distributor exclusive
10FCP in .308 with a specified 20" barrel and 110BA bolt handle

10 P-SR #22076 - distributor exclusive
10FCP-SR in .308 with a specified 18" barrel and 110BA bolt handle

M4J0R T0M
10-14-2013, 07:40 AM
I dunno who told you that, but they fed you a line of ..... well, you know.

Savage doesn't make ANYTHING specifically for law enforcement. In fact, their actual sales to law enforcement offices are miniscule at best - meaning probably less than a couple hundred units a year. The whole Law Enforcement Series is nothing more than a marketing ploy to draw in the Couch Commando types who will only buy black things that say tactical on them because somehow it's magically gotta be better because it's supposedly "tactical".

10 P #22075 - distributor exclusive
10FCP in .308 with a specified 20" barrel and 110BA bolt handle

10 P-SR #22076 - distributor exclusive
10FCP-SR in .308 with a specified 18" barrel and 110BA bolt handle

I could have sworn I saw a thread on here about the P and TR models being LE. ****it, I've been duped! Now I'm gonna have to sell the P-SR for something that's actually tactical!:cool:

J.Baker
10-14-2013, 08:15 AM
Haha...well, I just posted about the same exact thing in another post regarding the 10 TR so that's probably the one you're thinking of. Not trying to burst anyone's bubble, just trying to keep false information from spreading. Believe me, I've had a few choice words for Brian Herrick at Savage on more than one occasion due to his constantly selling these uncataloged "exclusives." Whenever people see them at their LGS or online somewhere and can't find info on them at Savage's website they end up here asking questions and then I have to figure out what the heck they're talking about. Like I don't already have enough to do around here. lol