PDA

View Full Version : 11vt questions??

bow125106
10-13-2013, 12:29 AM
I recently purchasedthis gun and am looking for a stock...will a tacticool boyds stock work for this gun since it has the bolt release in th bottom??

also,is there anything i can do to this non accustock stock to make it any better until i can afford a new one

foxx
10-13-2013, 01:12 AM
The Tacticool is easilyinletted and/or relieved (with a dremel) to allow the bottom bolt release.

I have tried making the non accustock better by adding 2 steal rods under the barrel and pillar- bedding the action... It helped, but was not worth the effort, in my opinion. Others told me not to bother, but I had to see for myself. I suppose if you really must have a sporter stock, doing what I did is a cheap improvement, but I would really recommend you just go to the tacticool rather than messing with trying to fix the factory non-accustock. But improving the factory stock is possible, a.Again, that assumes you MUST have a sporter-type stock.

bow125106
10-13-2013, 08:20 AM
Ok i thought my stock was pillar bedded??? Am i wrong

foxx
10-13-2013, 03:12 PM
Ok i thought my stock was pillar bedded??? Am i wrong

It is factory pillared. Not bedded.

The front pillar on mine was a bit short, I thought. Once I decided to bed the action, I figured I might as well replace the pillars as well. Like I said, it helped, but what really made a difference was the Tacticool stock. (after bedding and pillaring it.)

bow125106
10-13-2013, 03:15 PM
Ok, im on a tight budget. Will the 100 hogue be a better option

foxx
10-13-2013, 05:30 PM
I have not tried the Hogue stocks. Some say they are an improvement over factory stocks, still not stiff in fore end. I am not sure if they work with the bottom bolt release, but I am sure any stock can be relieved with a dremel and made to work.

As for cost and budget, consider this:

It cost me $20 to re-pillar, bed and stiffen my factory stock.

The Tacticool was about $125??? shipped, plus $15 to bed and pillar. Totalled about $140. Hope this helps.