PDA

View Full Version : Savage Tactical for Police work

beungood
02-19-2010, 03:48 PM
Anyone on the forum using the Savage FP10 or other tactical models for Police Sharpshooting duties? What model are you using and have you compared the accuracy of the different stocks trigger set styles avaialbe to each other? Anyone using a Detachable box Magazine in either stock model ot aftermarket? I am conisdering a sopt on a regional sniper team. A couple of shooters are selling Remingtons but they are pricey and I am not sure of how many rounds are shot through. For my money I don' think the Savage can be beat especially since they are located in this state not far from me..

Balljoint
02-19-2010, 04:53 PM
Talk to Savage see what they say maybe go there check things out since it is not far

steveinwv
02-19-2010, 07:39 PM
http://savageshooters.com/SavageForum/index.php/topic,30167.0.html

Here are a few.

z71rat
02-19-2010, 10:44 PM
I am conisdering a sopt on a regional sniper team. A couple of shooters are selling Remingtons but they are pricey.

If I was in your position, there is really only 1 choice that I could make. I would have to go the route of the Precision Carbine. The fact that it is a factory 20" barrel, accutrigger, accustock, and detachable magazine... what more could you want?? You may end up with needing the rifle for a few different mission type situations, so grab a few detachable magazines (or high capacity ones from SSS) and preload them for that specific situation.

You would have a nice clean and portable setup, and would be able to shoot through whatever you encountered. Light and very portable, it seems like the best of all to me!!

DK