PDA

View Full Version : Is this the future?

thermaler
10-12-2013, 08:36 AM
Interesting developments in optics (funny it doesn't say what the MOA size of aim dot is): http://cdn2.cheaperthandirt.com/blog/?p=49970&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=social&utm_content=chronicle1012&utm_campaign=20131012-social-newsletter-remington-2020-digital-scope-debuts-blog-post

missed
10-12-2013, 08:57 AM
Interesting....my luck the batteries would be dead in it!

thermaler
10-12-2013, 09:05 AM
A longer-range version is already being made for the military.I'd rather the whole wi-fi vid/stream capability were replaced by user-programmmable input for caliber data uploads so you don't have to get a caliber-specific scope--I'm guessing these things will be in the multi-thousand dollar price range and given the size/complexity/reliabilty issues few people will be able to afford multiples.

LoneWolf
10-12-2013, 09:18 AM
They had this in the Marine Times! Even the Corps is beginning to test the technology out. They say they're trying to build a smaller version for the basic infantryman as well.

I still believe there is too much tech available these days. Some people use it to get smarter, but most use it to get lazier! Then when the equipment fails they don't know what to do.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Nor Cal Mikie
10-12-2013, 09:37 AM
{Some people use it to get smarter, but most use it to get lazier! Then when the equipment fails they don't know what to do.}

That is an understatement.

When the electricity goes off or the batteries go dead, all you get is DUH?? What ever happened to common sense? Good reason to plan ahead and have a plan B. And, it'll get worse before it gets better.

snowgetter1
10-12-2013, 06:37 PM
If it could read the wind and adjust for it I would think it may work. But, for the cost, I am sure it is high, I can shoot out to 500 yards pretty good without it.

RP12
10-14-2013, 08:52 AM
If we didn't evolve with technology, we would still be throwing rocks.

Neo2savage
11-03-2013, 10:51 PM
Technology is good, but knowing the basics provides the needed foundation for when the power goes out. And it does go out... at the worst possible times. I work in a field where everyone relies on technology and few understand the platforms the technology is built upon. Because of that they are constantly re-inventing the wheel because the wheel wasn't in the help files...

Learn to "see" the wind, and look at the ballistics tables printed for just about every factory load out there. Build the tables for your own loads. Then "dope the scope" and never, ever lose that book. BTW, rocks still work and can be wonderful things when used under the right conditions. The world's first projectile, and possibly the last.

it will be interesting to see how well this product sells and how many they have to sell to get the price point down to a level that will permit increased sales. One thing is certain, at Cheaper Than Dirt, it won't be.

RP12
11-03-2013, 11:50 PM
Look where the world would be if we didn't except the computer.

snowgetter1
11-04-2013, 12:42 PM
Not against the scope. Just against a high priced 500 yard scope. As far as technology, I have one word; TERMINATOR.