PDA

View Full Version : Glass Bedding a Savage Model 10 Action in a wood factory stock.

Seneca11
02-18-2010, 10:51 PM
I am looking for a video of the procedure for glass bedding a Savage Model 10 Action. I am new to this and do not want to part with $200.00 or more for a custom stock at this time and really don't want to screw up my action and factory stock by doing the bedding wrong. Any help and direction would be greatly appreciated! Looking forward to sending rounds down range!

docsleepy
02-18-2010, 11:41 PM
Hi, in the articles section of this site, you'll find a "101" article on bedding Savage actions. If you google it, you'll also find others.

http://www.savageshooters.com/index.php?articleview=Stock%20Bedding%20101

There are many such articles out there, with different good ideas.
Read them very carefully before you get started. I prefer "Devcon" which you can buy a kit of for about $40. You'll need a Dremel or equivalent tool, gloves, simple tools, a set of rests or other way to stablize the gun, and some long 1/4 x 28 screws with the heads cut off.

If your action has a magazine, that can be more of a problem to deal with but some ingenuity will get you through.

bedding will reduce fliers and somewhat shrink groups. Handloading and a lot of experimentation will do even more.