PDA

View Full Version : Model 12 ?

barry
10-09-2013, 09:48 AM
I sorta adapted a 12? .223 said to be a Savage Custom shop rifle. Its got a heavy 26" bull barrel, thumb hole laminate stock, {boyd} . accu trigger, and custom bolt. If anyone can tell me the model 12??? I'd appreciate it. I traded a SW 29-2
.44 Mag in perfect condition straight across. I know I got screwed but I did it anyway.
Thanks Barry
I would just like to know 12...

stangfish
10-09-2013, 12:35 PM
A picture would help but custom shop usually means it is a one off. What you might do is look it up on the Savage arms website on the parts finder page. Just enter your serial number.

jhelmuth
10-09-2013, 05:19 PM
stangfish is right. Look up the serial number on their "parts finder" and it will come back with the model number. Visually, the large bolt handle is a dead give-away for model 12s (but does not guarrantee that is is - or isn't - so do not depend on that visualization).

barry
10-09-2013, 09:41 PM
A picture would help but custom shop usually means it is a one off. What you might do is look it up on the Savage arms website on the parts finder page. Just enter your serial number.

I must be a idiot I've tried to Thank you two for the help and Info twice now with no avail.

J.Baker
10-09-2013, 09:47 PM
Not an idiot, you're just still under 6 posts so they're subject to moderator approval.

stangfish
10-09-2013, 09:56 PM
Sorry Barry, I was not aware there was a 6 post requirement. You could tell us more about your other guns in two more posts and then we could see your Savage.

J.Baker
10-10-2013, 06:21 PM
The 6 post probation period has no affect on the ability to post pic's - it just means that posts by new members are much more likely to be flagged for moderator approval - especially if they contain a URL or IMG link. Once a moderator looks at and verifies the post isn't spam it's approved and becomes visible to all members.

It's just one of the anti-spam tools we employ here to try and keep as much of the garbage as possible from reaching our members.

GaCop
10-11-2013, 09:45 AM
I wasn't aware that the Savage custom shop would use a Boyd's stock? Sounds more like a home build maybe?

jhelmuth
10-12-2013, 09:25 AM
I wasn't aware that the Savage custom shop would use a Boyd's stock? Sounds more like a home build maybe?

They don't, but I never assume that the op is correct (as in the above {Boyd}). Savage has and does use thumb hole stocks.
in any case, the serial number will tell him the model he has...