PDA

View Full Version : Laminate replacement for AXIS - BOYDS

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

jhawk60
10-24-2013, 03:18 PM
Looks very nice, just recieved my shipping notification a few minutes ago!! Mines on its way WOO HOO!! (: Now to save up for some really good glass in the near future..

I'm glad yours is on the way, they look like nice stocks. I ordered mine on the 10th (the day before you) and mine still hasn't shipped. :(

Fatalis
10-24-2013, 07:12 PM
To bed or not to bed...that is the question...

jasta
10-25-2013, 01:15 AM
Couldn't send mine back as USPS wanted me to open an account in Oz and pay.. HELL NO! Boyds came to the party after I sent them an email asking what I can do. All they wanted was photo of the stuffed one cut in 2 as proof of death. New one on its way.

BIG THANKS TO BOYDS

cheers

Jas

Axis270
10-25-2013, 11:32 AM
Hi fellow Savage Shooters! I'm a newbie here and will update my profile shortly. I just wanted to voice my gratitude to Jen and Wendy for their excellent feedback. I ordered my FT Thumbhole in Pepper on the 11th and after being informed of the few snags that Boyds have experienced with the initial stocks, I have been assured that in their efforts to expedite the order backlog, there will be no compromise on quality. I bought my Axis about a year ago and have been waiting since then for Boyds to address the only real drawback of these rifles. I guess I'll just have to be patient for a week or two longer, which is not a big deal considering I've already waited for a year. Safe shooting and happy hunting to All!

Axis270
10-25-2013, 12:51 PM
Well, well, what do you know? An hour and five minutes after my post above, I received a shipping notification from USPS with tracking number etcetera. At this point it is just an electronic notification from Boyds to USPS as it still shows "awaiting shipment" on my account information with Boyds. To me it screams: "Your stock is ready and waiting for collection from USPS!!!" Well done Boyds! Two weeks is not at all bad, considering the problems that needed ironing out. Now I can only hope that it will be of similar quality as the other 3 stocks that I bought in the past. Now I remember what it felt like a week or so before Christmas, when the Big Box under the Christmas tree had my name on it and all I had to do was wait, wait and the wait a little more.
Safe shooting and happy hunting to All!

ironmk
10-25-2013, 05:33 PM
I'm glad yours is on the way, they look like nice stocks. I ordered mine on the 10th (the day before you) and mine still hasn't shipped. :(

I'm sure it won't be long, I must have got a lucky break or just ordered the next batch made. I didn't get anything custom just the forest camo thumbhole stock. Due to arrive on tuesday and it'll be on tuesday night!! (: (hope my enthusiasm isn't taken as rubbing it in Jhawk60)

jhawk60
10-25-2013, 06:22 PM
I'm sure it won't be long, I must have got a lucky break or just ordered the next batch made. I didn't get anything custom just the forest camo thumbhole stock. Due to arrive on tuesday and it'll be on tuesday night!! (: (hope my enthusiasm isn't taken as rubbing it in Jhawk60)

Not taken as rubbing it in at all, I would be enthusiastic as well. I just hate the wait.

Mine is just a pepper classic with no custom work. Now at two weeks and one day since ordering and still says awaiting shipment. I'm still hoping to get it in time to install it and sight it in before hunting season but with my track record with ordering stuff online I won't hold my breath.

I hope yours fits like a glove.

deaddeerwalking
10-26-2013, 11:32 AM
Can anyone tell me if these stocks are pillar bedded or just drilled for the action screws ?

LoneWolf
10-26-2013, 11:41 AM
Can anyone tell me if these stocks are pillar bedded or just drilled for the action screws ?

They are not.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

alextm33
10-26-2013, 03:13 PM
well i got my stock today.went to put it on and the barrel is against the right side of the barrel channel.and its so tight that i have to pull hard to get it out of the stock.seems that it isnt right somewhere.any suggestions

Fatalis
10-26-2013, 09:04 PM
well i got my stock today.went to put it on and the barrel is against the right side of the barrel channel.and its so tight that i have to pull hard to get it out of the stock.seems that it isnt right somewhere.any suggestions

Big F'in hammer

Cru3rd
10-26-2013, 09:18 PM

I ordered the same stock. Posts some pictures when you get it in, I'm curious to see how it looks.

alextm33
10-26-2013, 09:55 PM
good idea but i think i will wait till Monday to get talking to someone from boyds.first time ordering from them but i hope they have good customer service and will provide for a easy problem fix and a happy customer.

Alleycat
10-28-2013, 08:18 PM
Mine is at the post office, get it tomorrow. :eagerness: Please don't let be one of the prototypes...:(

ironmk
10-29-2013, 08:38 AM
I ordered the same stock. Posts some pictures when you get it in, I'm curious to see how it looks.

Sure thing, it's supposed to be here today (UPS says "out for delivery") so when I get home tonight I'll try it on for size! And put a pic on here and the sticky also (:

ironmk
10-29-2013, 07:21 PM
Received the stock and put it to my action tightend the bolts and trigger didn't work, figured out its my Timney Trigger adjustment machine screw. Can either grind about 1/8" off the screw or drill a shallow recess in the trigger guard, After I figured out it wasn't the stock I felt better! I'll post pics tomorrow from my computer.

Rojohaem
10-29-2013, 07:30 PM
Just r'cvd the classic camo stock from Boyd's and it was as simple an installation as they had advertised. Popped in the barrel, two screws tightened, magazine placed and she was ready to go. My Savage Edge .270 W looks incredible! The fit and finish we're both worth the wait. Can't wait to get on the range to gauge the handling and recoil. Very pleased!

jhawk60
10-29-2013, 08:01 PM
Received the stock and put it to my action tightend the bolts and trigger didn't work, figured out its my Timney Trigger adjustment machine screw. Can either grind about 1/8" off the screw or drill a shallow recess in the trigger guard, After I figured out it wasn't the stock I felt better! I'll post pics tomorrow from my computer.

I'd grind the screw if it won't interfere with the trigger function. Which screw is it?

My stock is still in limbo. Waiting for a return call from Boyds tomorrow (called today but it was just before they closed). Lisa said hopefully it was shipped and they just didn't update the order info. This Thursday makes three weeks since ordering.

Fatalis
10-29-2013, 11:09 PM
My stock is still in limbo. Waiting for a return call from Boyds tomorrow (called today but it was just before they closed). Lisa said hopefully it was shipped and they just didn't update the order info. This Thursday makes three weeks since ordering.

I guess I won't complain then with my 2+ weeks and counting...(I understand actually...great gun that just needed a great stock, I figured they would go fast and cause a delay).

Alleycat
10-29-2013, 11:10 PM
So here it is. Boyds classic on Pepper....Fit like a glove :)

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p39/Alleycat800/Boyds2_zpsa6290bb1.jpg (http://s124.photobucket.com/user/Alleycat800/media/Boyds2_zpsa6290bb1.jpg.html)

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p39/Alleycat800/Boyds3_zps6211a983.jpg (http://s124.photobucket.com/user/Alleycat800/media/Boyds3_zps6211a983.jpg.html)