PDA

View Full Version : how much is my savage 10 fp worth?

gokitty199
10-08-2013, 01:49 PM
i have a savage 10 fp in 308 with digital accustock and accutrigger, has about 270-320 rounds put through it and i brought it new for 650$ usd for the rifle only. rifle is in like new shape and has a redfield revolution 4-12x40 scope mounted on it and i was wondering how much i could get for it if i sell it. I am looking for another savage model in 7mm mag or 300 win mag.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2luw5tf.jpg

pitsnipe
10-08-2013, 02:15 PM
Is it pillar bedded or aluminum V block bedded? Bottom bolt release? DBM?

gokitty199
10-08-2013, 02:32 PM
its aluminum. the bolt release is infront of the trigger, what do you mean by dbm?

RatMag
10-08-2013, 04:21 PM
If it comes with a detachable box magazine or not? That is the question.

DK

J.Baker
10-08-2013, 05:06 PM
I guess we're just going to have to flat-out ban "what's it worth" posts because they seem to be getting more and more prevalent these days. Some are legit (not saying that this one isn't), but a number of them are also deliberately done as a means to skate around having to get a paid membership to sell something here. Someone makes a "I'm thinking about selling - what's it worth?" post and undoubtedly someone will shoot them a PM making an offer and a deal is done.

Not only does this violate our buying/selling outside the classifieds rule, but it also exposes those making the offers to greater risk of being ripped off. We all know most scammers won't pony up the $15 to buy a paid membership, but they'll rip you off all day long for free if they can find a way to.

If you REALLY want to know what your gun is worth, just go to GunBroker.com and see what they're selling for there.

keeki
10-08-2013, 05:09 PM
I'll give ya $15 for it so you can buy a membership.lol.

gokitty199
10-08-2013, 06:15 PM
I guess we're just going to have to flat-out ban "what's it worth" posts because they seem to be getting more and more prevalent these days. Some are legit (not saying that this one isn't), but a number of them are also deliberately done as a means to skate around having to get a paid membership to sell something here. Someone makes a "I'm thinking about selling - what's it worth?" post and undoubtedly someone will shoot them a PM making an offer and a deal is done.

Not only does this violate our buying/selling outside the classifieds rule, but it also exposes those making the offers to greater risk of being ripped off. We all know most scammers won't pony up the $15 to buy a paid membership, but they'll rip you off all day long for free if they can find a way to.

If you REALLY want to know what your gun is worth, just go to GunBroker.com and see what they're selling for there.
first off this is a legit post and sorry i didnt reply for awhile i was busy. i posting a picture and yes the magazine is detactable, the reason for this post was to see about how much i could get for it. i havent been on gunbroker in forever and i forgot about the site sorry. im looking at selling this for savages 11/111 fcns in 300 win mag.

gokitty199
10-08-2013, 06:19 PM
and i plan on selling it locally not on this site so dont worry about me scamming people for just asking a question. i made this account for this question as it was a savage fourm and i had a question about a savage firearm, probably would get a better input on this fourm.
http://i44.tinypic.com/2luw5tf.jpg

big honkin jeep
10-08-2013, 11:36 PM
I'm not exactly sure you got the model # right.
I'm pretty sure what we're looking at is a model 10 PC (precision carbine) http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/models/
It might make it easier to find a value with the correct model number and description. I take it you don't have the original box and documents?
The box should say model 10 PC on it if it's the correct one.
You'll probably do a lot better if you keep the glass, bases and rings as most folks wont add any value for it or at least no where near what you have in them. If you like it you may be better off using the Redfield on the new rig rather than having to replace it.
If you look for a value on the auction sites make sure you're looking at ended auctions where the rifle actually sold and not at crazy asking prices. (Lots of those on there) Also make sure you're comparing used rifle prices or have a pretty good idea of depreciation. Being a newer model you should be able to get a decent price without taking a huge beating as it sounds like you did well if it was indeed new when you bought it.
Good luck.

keeki
10-09-2013, 06:19 AM
Some walmarts were selling the 10fp for $550, but im with jeep, that doesn't look like an fp. The fp was all black, or at least all the ones I have were

stangfish
10-09-2013, 06:40 AM
serial number will identify the rifle model number.

pitsnipe
10-09-2013, 10:42 AM
Some walmarts were selling the 10fp for $550, but im with jeep, that doesn't look like an fp. The fp was all black, or at least all the ones I have were

That was the reason for my questions. As I didn't know that Savage produced a digital camo Accustock. Like the look.

Snipe

pdog06
10-09-2013, 08:29 PM
It looks like a model 10 precision carbine without the threaded barrel

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/10PRECISIONCARBINE