PDA

View Full Version : Help on installing Bolt to 110BA

ai6he
10-06-2013, 08:02 PM
folks, it sounded weired to myself already but i just dont know what to do. i got a brandnew 110BA 338LM, i could still smell the scent of a new gun, i was trying to put this beast together, in particular the bolt. i made numerous attempt to install the bolt, but it stopped right there before the bolt was pushed forward into the back of the barrel, or action if you like, i just could not figure out what to do to complete the bolt fully inserted because this round button just stopped there before the level could be pushed down to lock, silly question ah? thanks for help.

KRP
10-06-2013, 08:46 PM
"Round button" as in the cocking pin? Sounds like the firing pin isn't cocked, which it needs to be.

RP12
10-06-2013, 08:48 PM
You need to cock the bolt. Put the round button on the edge of a table or work bench and pull the bolt down till the round button locks in at the back of the bolt.

JW
10-06-2013, 08:48 PM
I think you will need to pull the trigger and hold it and then depress the bolt release
The bolt should go in
Also make sure that the bolt lugs are lined up
Did your rifle come with a manual
If it did, this should be covered in it if my suggestion does not work
If I am telling you wrong, someone will help out

Good luck
Jack

ai6he
10-06-2013, 09:29 PM
Many thanks for the help. I think I will need some wrench to take down the bolt assembly in order to let go and keep the cocking pin, which I said was a round button above, to the right rather than keeping it on top as I push the bolt assembly into the barrel, that's why the pin stopped there before the bolt assembly completely enters the back of the barrel, right now I could not move that pin no matter what I tried. Will keep you gentlemen posted if I get through this. Have a great weekend evening!

stangfish
10-06-2013, 09:35 PM
Look at this picture and look at your bolt can you tell us where the round button is. Is it the top right of the hole ore the bottom left?
http://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/880x660/primary/717/717058.jpg

It should be in this position.
http://www.eabco.com/store/images/products/127-sbf.jpg

ai6he
10-06-2013, 09:57 PM
It's on top right unfortunately and I could not move it with my finger:(

stangfish
10-06-2013, 10:09 PM
I don't know what tools you have but your going to need the correct Allen key/wrench and a vise, or some guys do it on the floor stepping on the bolt handle with on foot and with the Allen key pointing the other direction step on it with the other foot. Me I protect the stock and do it there. Back the screw all the way out. Do not remove anything or take it apart. Carefully restart the threads of the screw into the body. After two complete turns use your thumb and push the button up to the cocked position. Now finish screwing the BAS back in. Make sure you get good torque on the screw. It should go right in. good luck.

ai6he
10-06-2013, 10:37 PM
I've already spoken with my FLL who helped me install the included rail set before I went to pick up the firearm, but he did not have the bolt installed hah, funny, he's going to help me with this tomorrow. Thanks immensely for such considerate help, reaaaaaally appreciated! This is a great rifle:) can't wait to take it to the range.

KRP
10-06-2013, 11:22 PM
Just put it on the corner of your workbench/counter/etc. and push it to cocked, no need to take anything apart.

ai6he
10-07-2013, 12:16 AM
tried as advised, it worked:) saved me a trip to my FFL, thank you very much to all who offered help.

ai6he
10-07-2013, 05:09 PM
Dear folks,

Got my Harris LT111 for my other rifle, LWRC REPR 20" but I never got around installing it. Took out the bipod this morning and I realized the 110BA got a somewhat flat bottom and there's no way I could install the bipod without some adaptor. I know I am going to need one bipod each, but for now I want to use the LT111 on the 110BA and find another one later for use with my REPR, or maybe I should get an Atlas BT10 now for the 110BA it has a swivel feature which is kind of nice when shooting on uneven ground, any thoughts & suggestion? thanks