PDA

View Full Version : 110E Restoration Help

KJD_0214
10-05-2013, 02:46 PM
Hello I am new here. I just picked up my first rifle. It is a 110e 30-06. I am going to replace the stock, maybe barrel, and most of the action. Does anyone have any suggestions. I also want to change it over from a single shot to a magazine. Is this possible without major modifications on my part? Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

stangfish
10-05-2013, 03:57 PM
Let's see a before picture.

If you want advice on upgrading your rifle, you may want to decide what you want to do with it. Will be a hunting rifle. How far do you plan to shoot? Are you just looking into what is available?

A little help from you and these guys around here will help you spend your money. Oh did I ask what you budget is?

KJD_0214
10-05-2013, 08:43 PM
I will get pics up in the next day or two. The rifle will be used for both hunting and target. Just a all around good gun. I am going to be doing this in stages to help with funding so nothing outrageous.

Let's see a before picture.

If you want advice on upgrading your rifle, you may want to decide what you want to do with it. Will be a hunting rifle. How far do you plan to shoot? Are you just looking into what is available?

A little help from you and these guys around here will help you spend your money. Oh did I ask what you budget is?

KJD_0214
10-06-2013, 09:54 PM
Pictures will not post. Can you still help without the pictures. Any suggestions.

stangfish
10-06-2013, 10:25 PM
Stock: Boyds for an economical stock. You have a stagger feed action. That is important when ordering a stock. You can spend from 20 dollars used to over 600 for a custom composite or wood stock.

Trigger: Timney, Sharp Shooter and Rifle Basics have options for you. You can do a little with a factory one but you need to understand the perils and hazards of this.

Barrels. Savages are great for this. Your bolt head gives you lots of options. NSS, Sin Arms, Apache GW and the list goes on.

Optics. What is your budget?

Hang around you will get plenty of ideas. Accuracy ain't cheap but it can be done on a budget. Knowledge is power.

thomae
10-10-2013, 09:55 AM
Pictures will not post. Can you still help without the pictures. Any suggestions.http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?20418-The-ultimate-guide-to-posting-pictures-so-easy-a-caveman-can-do-it!

You can't upload photos directly to the forum. They have to be hosted somewhere on the internet (I use picasa) and then you link to the photo.