PDA

View Full Version : wood stock for 11 trophy hunter xp bottom bolt release

Pages : 1 2 [3]

DgTerrell
10-24-2013, 08:47 AM
Good morning, DgTerrell!

The tech specs now are available if you revisit that link. Also, in order to offer you more help, we would need to know whether yours has a center-feed, stagger-feed or detachable mag.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance!

Thanks!
Wendy

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Rifleshooter308
10-24-2013, 09:09 AM
I think the magazine BDM thing is wholy over rated. Other than being able to pull a full mag I see no advantage in haveing a detachable magazine. Nothing wrong with the blind mag at all. I believe in the KISS principle. Simple with less parts and less cost. The only BDM I have on my Savages are with my XLR chassis. As a long range target shooter I load one at a time anyway. As a hunter I put 3 in the blind mag and load one. When done hunting eject and cycle the other too. Why would you need 10 rounds on a target/hunting rifle. I have single shot followers on all my stagger feed blind mag target rifles anyway for ease of loading single rounds. Toss that cheap plastic crap and put the mag body in a Boyds stock and be done. Less to go wrong and you won't screw up your stock milling or dremelling to inlet a BDM. The Boyds Thumbhole VT is the best value in aftermarket stocks for Savages. With the bottom bolt release you only need to do a small bit of inletting to get everything to fit.

AndrewX
11-17-2013, 07:21 PM
I think the magazine BDM thing is wholy over rated. Other than being able to pull a full mag I see no advantage in haveing a detachable magazine. Nothing wrong with the blind mag at all. I believe in the KISS principle. Simple with less parts and less cost. The only BDM I have on my Savages are with my XLR chassis. As a long range target shooter I load one at a time anyway. As a hunter I put 3 in the blind mag and load one. When done hunting eject and cycle the other too. Why would you need 10 rounds on a target/hunting rifle. I have single shot followers on all my stagger feed blind mag target rifles anyway for ease of loading single rounds. Toss that cheap plastic crap and put the mag body in a Boyds stock and be done. Less to go wrong and you won't screw up your stock milling or dremelling to inlet a BDM. The Boyds Thumbhole VT is the best value in aftermarket stocks for Savages. With the bottom bolt release you only need to do a small bit of inletting to get everything to fit.

Rifleshooter308, would any additional parts (besides the stock magazine body, spring and follower) be needed to convert a DBM Trophy Hunter XP to an internal box/blind mag in a Boyds stock?

willg
11-27-2013, 03:30 PM
Just joined the forum. I purchased a wood stock directly from Savage last year for my synthetic 110. I purchased over the phone. Cost me $116. Dropped right in perfectly. It's free floated and looks awesome! I thought about going after market but thought the price was too good to be true!

thomae
12-01-2013, 09:22 AM
Rifleshooter308, would any additional parts (besides the stock magazine body, spring and follower) be needed to convert a DBM Trophy Hunter XP to an internal box/blind mag in a Boyds stock?Depending on how tightly your magazine box fits into the cutout, you may need to either shim the magazine to get it placed correctly or else use an "L" clip that holds the rear of the magazine at the correct height. Don't know the Savage part number offhand for the L Clip, but they are extremely inexpensive.