PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Congress (you POS)

thermaler
10-01-2013, 09:22 AM
My hunt next week that I've been getting ready for for months and already spent many hours and dollars on just went down the toilet thanks to the BS intransigence in Congress.

missed
10-01-2013, 09:32 AM
If there shut down how would they know your there.....

thermaler
10-01-2013, 09:43 AM
If there shut down how would they know your there.....Managed hunt on island reserve--and I don't have a boat that can get out to it. I'm sure the state police would be more than happy to still collect fines on their behalf. But that is an interesting question--does this preclude any hunting at all on Federal-managed lands?

LoneWolf
10-01-2013, 10:02 AM
I would say yes, unless it is privately funded... We'll see what happens in the next few days. May get turned around for you therm!

davemuzz
10-01-2013, 02:11 PM
You raise a good point. There are local "Federal flood control" lands near me, owned by the Federal Gov't, yet patrolled by the State Game commission.....ummmm...when you see them there. Not all that often. But....still an interesting point.

Dave

stangfish
10-01-2013, 04:48 PM
Interesting Topic.

LoneWolf
10-01-2013, 05:04 PM
:nono::nono::nono:

Stellar...

psharon97
10-01-2013, 06:39 PM
Well boys looks like we got us a headstumper lol

thermaler
10-01-2013, 07:53 PM
My luck in Georgia with LE has been very poor. Not because I break the law often--but because they can make stuff up on the fly and once you're busted, well, y'all in heap o trouble boy.

shooterfpga
10-01-2013, 10:07 PM
If there shut down how would they know your there.....

I work for the federal government. Those of us that are essential are still operating. Especially federal LEO who will more than likely be patrolling hunting areas, national parks etc while those who are normally there are furloughed. Dont risk getting busted, just wait it out.

yobuck
10-02-2013, 08:27 AM
funny how its ok for the economy to affect some industries but not others.

handirifle
10-03-2013, 10:54 PM
I like how we negotiate with Iran, Syria, Russia, but not congress. Something is seriously wrong with this system. Both sides are playing games at the expense of the public. Even to the point of closing things down that require no federal funds, but are federally owned.

I also love the "it's the law" comment but when asked about the SECOND AMENDMENT OF THE CONSTITUTION, well that's a whole nuther can of worms there. I don't like the shutdowns, was involved in nearly every one of them, having been a Federal employee for almost 27 years (retired now). They are all pig headed morons that like to get their way, and cry big time when they don't.

thermaler
I hope it works out for you.

stangfish
10-04-2013, 12:50 AM
US government=WWF (pro wrestling)

thermaler
10-04-2013, 07:24 AM
Looks like I'm missing the early-season bow hunts altogether--too late for the managed quota hunts which are state-run (that's my fault). MAYBE they will replace this hunt with a blackpowder one in November--assuming the zealots in Congress can stop playing their jihadi games by then.

yobuck
10-04-2013, 08:40 AM
I like how we negotiate with Iran, Syria, Russia, but not congress. Something is seriously wrong with this system. Both sides are playing games at the expense of the public. Even to the point of closing things down that require no federal funds, but are federally owned.

I also love the "it's the law" comment but when asked about the SECOND AMENDMENT OF THE CONSTITUTION, well that's a whole nuther can of worms there. I don't like the shutdowns, was involved in nearly every one of them, having been a Federal employee for almost 27 years (retired now). They are all pig headed morons that like to get their way, and cry big time when they don't.

thermaler
I hope it works out for you.

actualy the system is as good as it ever was. its those running the system that are causing the problems.
since fdr there has been an effort to get a voting block of people that will insure the outcome of elections.
we have arrived at that point. all we can do is watch it crumble.

handirifle
10-04-2013, 10:25 AM
actualy the system is as good as it ever was. its those running the system that are causing the problems.
since fdr there has been an effort to get a voting block of people that will insure the outcome of elections.

True words there. That was my thoughts but you phrased it much better. Very sad.

OLEJOE
10-11-2013, 09:18 PM
Yeah that. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

EFBell
10-12-2013, 01:54 PM
Enough politics guys. I know it hurts but the rules on this site prohibit this from becoming a political discussion.

Sorry.