PDA

View Full Version : Converting SA to LA

nuclabuyer
02-17-2010, 04:38 PM
I have 3 older savage 110's that are looking for something to do. So I ordered a 22-243 from shilen for one and a 300 Saum for one. But I am looking for stocks for them, and I cant find the tactical looking stocks for older staggerd 110's. I guess that isnt true I found a couple like http://pdccustom.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2 and some from stockade. But they take a while and the PDC stock is pretty expensive. I have a savage 12 in 204 that is wearing a richard microfit stock that I finished. But my question is I swear that I saw that some one on here had changed a B&C medalist from a SA into a LA by just moving the mounting holes to 5.5 (or whatever it is) and extending the mag well with a dremel or somthing..

Has anyone done this or have picture of it. I dont mind a little fitting... I have nothing better to do..

thanks
nathan

jpdown
02-17-2010, 05:37 PM
I've move the front stock hole on a SA stagger feed stock to fit the SA center feed. I don't see anyway to adapt an older SA stagger feed to a LA stock.

nuclabuyer
02-18-2010, 01:40 PM
When I got home I campared a Savage 12 FV stock to my stock Savage 110 and I dont see any trouble doing it. I just need to find a junk SA stock to test on before I buy a 300 dollar stock to cut up... If anyone have a take off junk stock you are going to toss. I will pay shipping

thanks
nathan